Chapter 7

Three days pass.

I've been in the medical bay for three days now, under strong supervision.

Frank has not left my side for one second I even though he has been uncuffed and allowed to roam where he wants, I didn't want him to leave after the kiss.

I need him.

Frank and I are chatting, but the door of my room opens.

"Gerard," Vladimir says, entering my room, I sit up to look at him, "Can I speak to you alone?"

Frank is sitting on the bed with me, holding my hand. He climbs off and kisses my forehead, waving me goodbye.

Vladimir glares after him and closes the door.

I feel slightly uncomfortable.

"I need to discuss my problem with you." He says and comes to stand near me, making me even more uncomfortable.

"Of course."

"You know that it's our number one rule out of the very few we have to not have a relationship outside of your supernatural race."

I swallow and nod.

"Yes, I am aware, but please just hear me ou-

"It's not acceptable."

"You know what, I've been trying to obey all of your rules, now that I'm finally happy, you stop me! It's not fair, I've never been this happy in my life before. Please, just let me have this."

"You don't understand the complications of your actions, you'll have to live with the consequences. Plus, you're only in the honeymoon phase. Soon you'll figure out it was a mistake."

"This is everything but a mistake, I know you think it's just puppy love but I have a deep connection with him. I realized how much I love him."

"Gerard, just think it through. Is this really what you want?"

"Yes, this is what I want. I know it's right, just-

"Gerard, you're making a mistake-

"I know and I'm sorry I'm putting you in an awkward position, but I know I'm suppose to be with him, just give us a chance."

"I'm not going to stop you, I just want you to know you do not have my blessing. No one around here will give you a blessing, unless his turns into a vampire. I warned you." He says coldly and then turns away, walking out of the door.

My breaths are short and I could feel the tears building up. I wipe my eyes and look at the open door.

Maybe he's right?

What if I make everything worse?

But, I need him?

What if I ruined his life?

Frank peaked around the door and comes in. He smiles as we make eye contact, making my heart melt.