Chapter 8

Three weeks pass.

No progress made to diagnose me. My condition hasn't gotten worse either, but I'm as happy as I could be with Frank.

I've never been so happy in my life.

I haven't known Frank for long, but it just feels so right. As if we are meant to be together.

At night I watch him as he sleeps next to me, he only started doing that recently.

He lays on my chest, breathing softly, soothing me. I would braid his hair or just repeatedly caress his neck with my thumb. I never want him to be away from me, ever again.

Today Frank took me into town and showed me cool places I've never been before.

He has a surprise for me, which I thought is kind of romantic. Or so I thought it was suppose to be.

"You've got to be kidding me." I say reading the name of the tattoo shop - Frank dragged me all the way to, "You told me we're going some were fun. Needles are not fun."

"Oh come on. You're a vampire, not a whining baby. I've been planning on getting another tattoo too, you can decide what you want." Frank rolls his eyes and smirks, "Are you a coward? Gerard Way A COWARD!" He laughs.

I roll my eyes, "I'm not a coward asshole. I'll watch you for a bit. I'll decid-

"COWARD COWARD!" Frank laughs and spins around in circles.

He continues with this childish act for a while. People start staring and the embarrassment over takes me.

I grab his hand and turn him to face me. I kiss him and he immediately stops. His eyes flutter as he lets go and kisses my cheek gently, making me blush.

"Come on," I say, trying not to blush anymore, "I can't stay out too long, the sun is going to start burning me soon, and you'll be late for your appointment."

"I wouldn't want a toasted angel," Frank says, rubbing the back of his head, "Well, the appointment is actually for you. I made a stencil I think you'd like."

"You li-. You know what, fine." I walk towards the tattoo shop, dragging him by his hand.

I could feel my skin burning slightly.

It usually takes a while and I could be out all day unprotected since it's mostly cloudy and wet here, but the rays eventually come through.

Quickly I pull down my sleeves, protecting my bare arms. He squeezes my hand.

I hold the door open for Frank even though I feel like slamming in into the back of his head. I let the door shut itself and walk over to the front desk.

"Welcome to Apocalyptic Ink!" The receptionist say and lets me fill in forms to confirm I am old enough to get a tattoo.

What am I letting myself in for? I'm actually going to do this?

Love makes you do stupid things, plus I don't want to hurt Frank's feelings. I know he's been working very hard on that stencil.

I hand the lady back the form. She scans through and types the info on the computer. Her fingers quickly type on the small black keyboard.

While she does that, I have time to check her out myself. Her hair is ash blonde and her skin is basically white, no pigment. Eyes as dark as coal and dead as can be.

I think someone needs a little more sun then I do.

"Pssst," I whisper to Frank, "She's not human is she?"