Chapter 9

Two weeks pass

I've been locked in a empty room for two weeks now.

Being alone is driving me crazy.

Being away from Frank is driving me insane. Everything just started to pick up and then, this happened.

I haven't fed for so long now, I'm starving. I know the less you feed enriched your senses, but the thirst never goes away.

The guards who guard me only offer me human food. I can eat it but it doesn't satisfy the thirst or keeps even a little bit more at bay. I don't even know if they're just teasing me, just plain dumb or if they maybe have sympathy for me.

The one that has the graveyard shift, always updates me on Frank. It's never good updates.

I've been trying to fish out information, but none of the rest seemto open up.

"Hello!" I yell, banging on my cell's door.

Looking around in my cell, I only see the cracked grey cement walls I broke a week ago. Let's say for that little stunt I was badly punished for, I've learnt my lesson. The cell is cold but never really bothers me. My room is basically dark, but with my night vision I could see every detail.

I hear someone coming near and trying to open the hatch. The little hatch opens, the light blinds me for a second and then two yellow angry eyes glare at me.

"Please let me out of here. I'm going crazy. I'm thirsty too- I need to see Frank, is he okay? Pl-

I could feel my anxiety jumping off the walls.

"Oof, you a little hungry? Your eyes are bright red and even glow in the dark. Scary," He stops and looks away, "For your information, you don't get to make orders around here." He starts closing the latch, but I stick my hand through the darkness into the light, grabbing onto his throat and choking him.

"You'll do what I say or I'll kill you and everyone you love as soon as I get out of here!" I could feel his veins pumping full of blood under my fingertips, wanting my nails to dig into his skin, just even for a drop. I shake my head and slowly let go of him, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to."

I turn my back to him, slide down my door and go to sit on the floor.

"I guess you're real thirsty huh, so can't blame ya," the graveyard guard says rubbing his neck and making his grey shirt's collar neat again, "They've been asking your boyfriend some questions. He doesn't budge, not even when the beat him."

"What kind of questions?" I growl at him.

"We've been asking Frank some questions, these questions have nothing to do with you," the Russian voice interrupts our conversation, it's the guy that 'abducted' us.

Turns out his name is Vladimir, not a name for a werewolf. I'm very careful around him.

"We have a traitor who stole our poison. We made a virus that destroys the vampiric immune system, I'm sure you're very aware. This virus is highly infectious and dangerous to all. If someone stole it, it could be used for the wrong purposes. I heard it has infected you."

"Yes, it has." Those three words are the only thing I can force out of my mouth.

It is true, it's a man made virus.

"Is there a cure?"

"Our lab was burned to the ground, just a day after our virus was stolen. This virus was intended to be used to wipe out enemies in warfare but it was far from ready. We've kept one dose but we injected Frank, as punishment of being traitor to his own kind from his father and for breaking the most important rule of the pack. That means he has to be put down. Permanently."