Chapter 12

"I can't." Repeats in my head over and over again. "I can't," Yet if I don't turn him, it will kill him but if I do I could kill him on the inside.

"I can't." I look anyway in tears. "I can't ruin his life like this. How can I take away his freedom?"My heart beats loudly in my chest and my sobs start building in my chest.

I try to ease myself but I couldn't. Allison hugs me tightly.

Once again, it isn't my choice to let him die if he had a chance. This is so frustrating.

"Gerard, think this through. You know he loves you and he wants to spend eternity with you. You love him that way, don't you?" Allison sighs and her face is all sad.

"Forever and always. I love you Gerard." Frank says stroking my cheek and kisses me on my forehead. "Forever and Always Frank, I love you so much, you don't even know."

"Of course I do. What if I'm not enough for him? What else will there be to live for?"

"Your indecisiveness is going to kill him, do it now! Or I'll get someone else to do it, I'm not letting him die on my watch. I'm giving him a choice." She says, trying to hold him down as he seizures.

I look at her totally panicked.

"Do it now, Gerard! We don't have time!"

I bend over him and extract my fangs, I hesitate for a second.

I don't want to do this, but if I don't, I'll lose him forever. I can't lose him.

His blood leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

***

The people stand as the music starts playing. All of them are familiar faces and they're all smiling or clapping. All of the people that sit next to the aisle, stand as I walk through with Mikey escorting me to the front. I see red rose petals as I walk on, too shy to look up. I could feel their eyes on me. Mikey lets go of my arm and turns to me.

"It's your chance to be happy now Gerard." I look at Frank in a black suit waiting for me near the podium. "Don't keep the happiness waiting."

There are large arrangements of flowers hanging all around. Black roses, my favorite. I slowly walk up the two steps, trying not to trip. As I reach the top, Frank's fingers intertwine with mine. We face each other and he smiles softly. "You're so beautiful," he whispers as he starts kissing my neck. I enjoy it, until I feel an awful sharp pain in my neck.

"You're hurting me," I whisper, "Please stop." Frank puts his hands around my neck and starts strangling me. I try ripping them off, but he is too strong. My throat is crunching under his hands. Looking at him, I notice his suit has turned white. I look down and see his trousers are covered in blood.

"We created this together." I look up at his face and see his entire face is covered in blood, with fangs bearing. Looking over to for help, I see a huge pile of dead bodies of everyone who attended the wedding. I gasp trying again to pry his hands off of me, but then I see I have a beating heart in my hand.

I suddenly jerk up, breathing heavily.

I sit up straight, still holding Frank's hand.

Looking at his neck, I see the two semi healed fangs marks on his neck, those never go away. They keep you marked.

"I hope you're okay." I whisper and kiss his forehead.

I sigh and hold his hand again.

I wonder how are lives are going to be like, after everything?