Chapter 26

Last night was amazing even though I'm a bit sore.

I carried him in from his little tent and put him down on the leather couch. Poor darling fell asleep.

I cover Frank in the fur blanket. He instantly tucks himself in and continues to snore softly.

I kiss his forehead and head to the master bedroom.

The room is big and has a beautiful wooden floor. A glass door that opens up to a view of the dense forest. The sun is coming up behind the gloomy mountains. The entire forest starts to light up, all of the leaves get a green glow. I look over to the white covered bed and the pillows shimmer.

I throw my navy duffle bag onto the white sheets, filling it with all of my military stuff. I shudder looking at the camouflage colored suits and throw it onto a throw-away pile.

I'll buy some new clothes sometime, being ranked up to Commander made it easy to afford this place. The clothes stare back at me and I try to keep all of the horrific memories away, but there was also good memories. All of the good with Frank.

I sigh and chuck all of the clothes on the pile.

After thirty minutes, I have an enormous pile of clothes on the floor. I bend down to pick up the pile and the silver keys of our newly bought house, clings onto the floor. I shrug as I try pick it up from the grey carpeted floor with one hand.

"Shit." I groan as I pick it up and stuff it back into my pockets.

I look at the clock on the wall, 04:48 am. Getting up early, military habit. Surprised Frank isn't up.

"Gerard!" Frank yells and it echoes through the house. I take back my words, he's awake.

I drop all of the clothes in my hands and vamp run into the living room. I immediately go sit down next to Frank, holding his hand tightly.

"I-I," He stutters and I squeeze his hand, "I heard you drop the keys and I heard you cursing too." He laughs and immediately hugs me.

He arms are tight around my neck. A bit tighter than I would want.

"I just want you to hear me say I love you." I whisper in his ear and he kisses my cheek.

"Your voice is so beautiful," He cries and squeezes me even tighter, "I missed your sweet voice."

"Little tight Frankie." I squeal softly.

"Oh, sorry." He nervously laughs and then hugs me around my hips.

"You're a lot stronger than you think. Physically definitely," I chuckle and Frank shakes his head, "Mentally too. I'm so proud of you." I softly caress his forehead with my thumb and he holds me tightly, "There's so many things I want to say to you."

He kisses me and pulls me on my collar, "No time for that now."

"Frank!" I laugh as he pulls me over onto the couch, "I'm still sore from last night." I giggle as he continues.

"Sore!" He laughs loudly, "Looks like I'm getting too much for you, but it looks like you had a great time."

"Hey! Is not." I tease back and he kisses me one more time.

"I love you." He says and hugs me.

"I love you too."

***

"Looks like a winner." Allison says as she zips up Frank's jacket, "Ribs are healed and your hearing will get better over time. Congratulations on your troops win Gerard." She pats me on my shoulder and I smile awkwardly.