Chapter 3 - Wipeout

Chapter 3

Wipeout

"Alright, rise and shine! Time to get up and rolling!" Hank yells right at Meredith's bedroom door to the girls still asleep. After he did, he went to go call out the rest of the family to wake up.

"We better get up before he brings the bucket." Meredith said while rubbing her tired eyes.

"Wait, what?" Amelia looked surprised while yawning.

"Dad gives us a warning wakeup call before he gets the bucket if we don't get up." Lynae mentioned this to Amelia.

"Trust me, you don't want to find out. It's best that you get out of bed." Meredith warned and confirmed what Lynae said previously.

"Do you always get up this early?"

"Every day." Lynae responded.

"I pity you," Amelia yawned while saying this.

Not wanting to take that chance, the girls got ready while putting on their bathing suits underneath their clothes. Meanwhile at his jeep, Hank and Brie go over the supplies that they packed for the trip while the rest of the group was still getting ready.

"That should be everything."

"Are you going to take your fishing gear?" Brie asked.

"Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me. It's about time I showed the boys how to fish. Plus, it's been awhile since I fished with Billy boy in so long."

"Do you need anything else?

"Nah, I think this should do it for our trip. Would you mind checking on the kids? Already gave Alex and Aaron the water bucket treatment."

"Sure, I'll go check on them."

Brie goes into the house to find Aaron and Alex with freshly changed clothes but their skin and hair was still damp from Hank dumping water on them.

"Oh good, you guys are up."

"Yeah, after we both got dunked with water after refusing to get up." Alex grumbled complaining about being wet.

"Sorry, boys, house rules are that everyone gets up before sunrise. No exceptions."

"I'll make a mental note of that for the next few days." Aaron said irritably.

While conversing still, Lynae, Meredith, and Amelia came into the living room still half awake.

"Oh, good, you girls are up. Lyn, would you mind getting some of those containers out of the fridge for me to make breakfast?" Brie asked Lynae

"Sure." Lynae responded.

"Where is your mother and father? They should be up by now." Brie asked her niece and nephews.

"Are they going to get the water bucket too?" Alex asked.

"If they aren't out of bed by now, then yes, they will."

"I gotta get my camera for this." Alex started to grin at the idea of his parents getting the same treatment as he and his brother did.

Later at the Jeep, Hank and Bill were jabbering with one another while one of them was soaked with water.

"Jeez, I always thought you did this just for the kids."

"Nonsense, even when I'm struggling to get up, Brie would do that to me a couple of times once in a while."