Chapter 33 - Turbulence

Chapter 33

Turbulence

The next morning, Amelia prepared to head back to Atlantica saying goodbye to the nobles including Cyra. "Shouldn't you wait to say goodbye to Meredith?" Cyra asked. "From the looks of how much she drank last night, I doubt she'll be getting up anytime soon. Take care of her for me, will you?" "I will, and thank you for everything you and Meredith have done." Cyra bowed her head in respect.

She began swimming Northwest. Into the Red Sea, she ran into a shark chasing after her. She knew that he was not nearby to just nab her. She then warded his memory. However, he regained consciousness and began chasing her again. She was puzzled on why it didn't work on him.

She then noticed she was bleeding but could not feel where the wound was. She knew she was in trouble because she had the mark of death on her. She hid in a crevice opening between some coral. The shark followed but he was discouraged by the barrier of the coral to pursue further.

As the shark swam away as to give up the pursuit, Amelia noticed her vision was blurring. She felt around her body until she met with a shock of pain on the back of her neck. She was bleeding from her gills. Amelia attempted to recollect anything that could have triggered the wound, but there was nothing.

Amelia, I noticed you were in great duress, are you alright?

It was Allura speaking telepathically. Amelia then responded back.

Yes, everything's fine, I'm just hurt nothing to worry about.

Are you sure that's all?

Yes, I'll be more careful as I cross over, I'll be back in Atlantica before the dawn breaks

Alright, be careful, we cannot afford to lose you at a time like this.

Allura disconnected and Amelia pursued on with her journey. She swam covering her neck with a kelp wrap around her to lessen the flow of blood from her. She came up to some caverns where she swam near them. She started coughing violently. She kept going regardless. She then coughed to the point that blood seeped through her mouth. She could hardly breathe but she tried desperately not to think about it as Atlantica was awaiting for her return.

After a few minutes, she became weaker not being able to keep herself afloat for much longer. She used her power to transport her to the cavern nearby her side. Her vision was blurred as she saw the blue sea ahead of her. Allura telepathed her once more but could not answer her due to her breathing difficulties.

"Amelia? Are you there? Amelia!?" Allura cried out.

"Is she alright? Can you locate her?" Rimulus asked. "I can try. Pray that nothing happens to her grimly." Allura said as she attempted to locate her. She showed struggle and after some time gave up.

"What's wrong? Why are you having a hard time finding her? I thought you could locate her?!" Lynae demanded. "I usually can, but only if they are alive can I sense them," Allura said looking remorseful. "You don't mean she's..." Lynae said gasping.

"I don't know. I can't read a trace on her anymore. Usually for me, that is a sign that they are gone." Allura said struggling to get the words out. "Gone? What do you mean gone?!" Lynae screamed. Rimulus stood there in silence stunned at the news at the possibility that Amelia succumbed to her injuries.

It was a peaceful day in Atlantica. The seas were as blue as ever as the sky light pierced through the waters. In a garden, two merboys were fighting with carved bamboo. The elder boy whacked the younger boy at an opening he left. "Ow, I don't know why you make me do this with you. Can't you make one of the guards practice with you?" The boy asked.