Chapter 32 - A Lover's Quarrel

Chapter 32

A Lover's Quarrel

As morning hit the glaciers of Arktis, Meredith and Amelia prepared for their journey to Alearabia to meet with Princess Cyra along with her royal family. Lynae hugged her sister tightly while Haruto wished for safe travels to the both of them. Lynae also came to say farewell to Amelia. "I'll be waiting in Atlantica for your safe return. Go help Alearabia while I finish my business here to make it where I can comfortably leave long periods of time." Lynae said while hugging Amelia.

The villagers, Lynae, and Haruto waved goodbye to them as they headed off. The waters began changing not too long after they have swum for some time. After another hour or so later, they were in Mediterranea whereas Meredith warned Amelia to ignore their behaviors due to previous encounters with them. "I've never seen so much booze in my life!" Amelia exclaimed. "Yeah, they like to party – that's for sure." Meredith commented half-heartedly.

After some time, swimming in Mediterranea, Amelia spoke up, "Meredith, I hate to ask this, but can we take a breather?" Meredith looked back and saw that Amelia was trying to catch her breath. "Oh, crap, here, I'm sorry, I should have watched my speed. I've been traveling so much that I just sprint sometimes to get to my destination." Meredith stated.

"I just don't want to hold you back..." Amelia said feeling guilty of not being able to keep up. "Nonsense! Now don't go beating yourself up! We'll get there when we get there. Princess Cyra trusted me to get you into one piece and that is what I am going to do. She can wait a thousand years if it takes that long for us to get there!" Meredith protested. "I pray it doesn't take THAT long," Amelia said catching her breath. "Now, catch your breath and whenever you are ready, we'll start swimming again."

Ten minutes have passed and Amelia was ready to head out again. They start swimming only at a slower pace this time. "Lucky for us, we made some good timing, we'll be in Faux-Red not too long after," Meredith announced. "Faux-red?" Amelia asked. "Shaasak named it that because the sea is not actually red." Marius explained.

"Wait the Red Sea?!" Amelia exclaimed in shock. "Yeah, Princess gave us the runway on this shortcut. Wish she would have told me when I went all the way around the entire continent to get there!" Meredith explained further and still felt frustrated about learning this too late.

They entered the Red Sea shortly after. Amelia looked around and began speaking up. "This all reminds me of the time when grandma told us how Moses and his people crossed the Red Sea." "Yeah, good ol' grandma," Meredith said while her attention was looking out for sharks. "Huh, wonder where they went?" Meredith said aloud. "Who went?" Amelia asked. "The sharks-"

Suddenly a shark pulled out of nowhere trying to bite Amelia. Amelia fended him off with a blinding dart of light thrown at him. "Go, now, I'll handle him!" Meredith instructed. Amelia was guided by Marius to a higher leveled coral reef. Marius then returned to the battle with Meredith. "This one surely had no teeth pulled yet!" Meredith said observing the wild shark. The shark snapped at her and she yelled. "I don't know if you're blind, but I've got a lot of your buddies' dental samples! If you want to join your friends, then come at me!" Meredith said challenging the shark.

The shark lunged at her and she punched the sharks side jaw hard while the shark was wrangling her. She then whipped her tail against the base of his tail and he started skidding on the sea floor. "Had to learn the hard way, huh." Meredith said smugly and went up to meet with Amelia.

"Are you okay?" Amelia asked. "I am, but this boy will be smelling his own blood for a bit," Meredith said while showing what she had in her hand. "You knocked a tooth right out of him?! Why?!" Amelia said disgusted at what Meredith had done to the shark. "It's Samudran custom, well, it's more like a game, you collect as many teeth from sharks that has never lost a tooth, and whoever gets the most, would earn the highest respect in all of Samudra." Meredith explained. "That's a horrid game – even for the sharks." Amelia said feeling sorry for the creatures.