Chapter 35 - Testing the Waters

Chapter 35

Testing the Waters

"I advise against you going up to the surface. You are needed here!" Allura protested. "She won't be of much use if she will be sitting in bed all day breathing on gills that haven't fully recovered yet." Keanu rebuked. "All she wants to do is see that boy up from the surface. She has bigger things to worry about down here!" Allura argued once more. "Who cares? Whatever the reason, she needs to go up there and not use her gills. I am treating her, and as her involuntary caretaker, I say my orders are for her to go up there for a week!"

"How can you say such things if you are a mer? Haven't you learned anything from history?" "Yeah, I've been up there numerous of times, and I know a lot of them don't even know we exist anymore. She's fine."

"You are such a fool." Allura snarled. "And you are sentencing her to another bout of this again if she stays down here." Keanu snapped back. "Alright that's enough! Allura, I know you mean well for the mer population, but Keanu is right, I can hardly breathe even with my tube taken out. Besides, that visit will have to wait, I have a sense that some company is coming to see me, and they think I don't know it by now."

"Wait, you're saying somebody is coming here to see you?" Keanu asked. "They're on the road now, and from the traveling speed and location, they should be here in three days' time." Amelia explained. "I sense it too, see? This is why she is needed for potential guests that are going to talk about the benefits of our kingdom," Allura said rubbing it in.

"Look, as soon as they leave, I'll go up to the surface like you asked.  I miss my boyfriend just as much as you want me to go up there." Amelia said persuading him.  Keanu thought it over and sighed in annoyance.  "Alright, you are to not exert yourself. Do not swim if needing to go somewhere.  Stay within these walls of the castle.  As soon as they leave, you are going up there, understood?" Keanu barked these orders to her. "Clearly."

The day came when Amelia expected to have visitors come to the Aula. Rimulus became frantic in getting everything prepared for them to arrive. "Rimulus, slow down, what's the rush?" Lynae asked. "No time to talk, must prepare for important guests," "Who?" Haruto asked. "I don't know, my lady said she had a vision that they were in a carriage with some horse like creatures hauling it."

"But she's still recovering, how is she going to meet them?" Lynae asked. "Allura has a plan to hide her hindering signs." Rimulus explained. "Speak of the devil, here comes Coronum Reginae herself." Haruto said catching his attention on Amelia being escorted down by Allura and Keanu.

"You're insane if you think she has the stamina to meet these people!" Keanu heaved as he had one of Amelia's arms. "Will you stop grumbling, and help me get her on her throne?" Allura scolded him. "I'll be happy once you two stop arguing, it has to happen regardless as much as I am hesitant about it." Amelia chided.

As they place her on her throne, Keanu commented once more. "I find this amusing as this child is sitting in a place that demands respect and dignity." "Show some respect for your Coronum Reginae, peasant!"

"Can one of you two shut them up so I can focus clearly?" Amelia said looking at Lynae and Haruto. "Actually, I find it amusing that Allura has met her match," Lynae sneered at Allura's struggle.  Amelia then eyed Haruto knowing he was the only one sensible enough to do something. "Alright, you two, get it together in the name of your Coronum Reginae and myself, Regno of Oceanus,"

"You're a king to the Pacific?" Keanu asked in disbelief. "Of course he is, he is the reincarnate of Scirocco, Prince of Wind and Change, our founding father to our ability to control the waves." Allura boasted. "I need a smoke," Keanu said holding his head in his hand.