Chapter 16 - Energy

Chapter 16

Energy

"Okay, now that everyone is here and accounted for, from which I can see, we can begin our basic lesson on using your abilities to the fullest advantage," Allura began speaking during her lecture.

"Mer have a distinct feature about themselves that set apart from the terra. And I am not talking about physical features either. At birth, mer have a voice, but not just your typical speaking voice or dialect from language speaking creatures. When they begin to talk, young mer go through an experimental period of using their voice ranges. Why I emphasize on a mer's voice? Well, my pupils, mer can use their singing abilities to do incantations in which can be used to create and perform spells."

"What's that have to do with us with these ice, earth, and telepath powers?" Meredith asked.

"Excellent question. You three know that you are the reincarnates of part of the great royal fratirum. Related by blood is still unknown at this time, but you do possess their abilities that are outside of the regular mer's potential naturally. To understand your power better, you must first go through what every mergirl and merboy learns while in school. You must first learn how to control your energy that flows through your body and through your voice."

Allura then instructed them to sit on the bend of their tails and relax.

"Don't think of the surroundings, don't think of the type of current that is coming through, and don't even think of where you are at. Focus on your breathing. Concentrate on it and try to slow it down as much as possible. Once you've done that, focus on something that would give your full attention to. In this case, the magisters use happy thoughts for an example for the children. But if you don't want to focus on that happy thought, that's fine as well. But focus on something that would draw your attention to the most and do not lose focus on it. Draw yourself to it. Think nothing other than that thought or that memory."

Meredith was struggling to channel her breathing because she would not stay still.

"I can't sit still, I've never been able to, I'm always up and at it everywhere," Meredith complained.

"Try these," Allura offered with the palm of her hand opened with a parchment bag slightly open.

"What are these?"

"It's Nirmal Lettuce. It grows in the region where your ascendant ruled. He used this to calm him down after gruesome training and a fierce battle. I keep some because I can't sleep at night. Don't eat too much of it or you'll find yourself asleep," Allura explained.

"Thank you,"

Meredith took a little bit of the lettuce and ate it. A few minutes later, she felt her heart rate slowly sank and she was able to breathe calmly. Few more minutes later, each girl had an aura surrounding them while they were still meditating. Lynae's aura was blue and white. Amelia's was purple and yellow. Then, Meredith's was green and brown like the earth.

"Good, keep focusing. You are almost there,"

The light of the aura grew stronger and brighter as the girls focused in more of their energy in. Then before it grew even more, Allura cried out instructing them.

"Finis" Allura shouted in her native tongue.

To the girls' surprise, they understood what Allura meant and stopped meditating.