Chapter 6 - Burns and Trust

Chapter 6

Burns and Trust

As morning came on the beach, the tides were calm and the skies were misty with a heavy fog touching the surface of the water. As the water came washing up the shore, it revealed three bodies laying face down on the beach. The next wave of water came crashing in and one of the bodies started to pull its head out of the sand. That body was Lynae's.

After blacking out from the cave, they seem to have drifted to shore somehow whether the woman helped or they just were carried by the currents. However, the girls started to wake up after the rush of that water crashed on top of them.

Amelia started coughing up wet sand and extra water that seeped into her mouth when she was out.

"Next time I see that witch, I'm kicking her ass!" Meredith said while trying to wake up fully.

"You're going to have to wait your turn..." Lynae said with determination.

"What did she do to us? I can hardly breathe..." Amelia said while holding her neck and tried to grasp some more air.

"I see we have some teenagers that were out past curfew..." A man said addressing to the girls.

Once the girls heard that voice, they directed their attention to where that voice was coming from. After they looked up, they knew they were in trouble. That man was no ordinary man unfortunately. He was wearing a police uniform. From the girls' assumptions, Hank must have called the police to report that they were missing considering what time it was now versus how early Hank and Brie get up each morning.

"You girls are lucky that you have such a caring father. Otherwise, you would be in jail for breaking curfew."

"Curfew?" Amelia asked.

"There's a curfew that children under eighteen must abide by or they get arrested here in Oahu," Lynae explained.

"But I'm nineteen,"

"Right, he did mention that you weren't a minor, technically I can't arrest you or bring you back to his place. However, given the fact that he mentioned you have a serious condition, I'm obligated to take you back regardless."

After he escorted the girls to his cruiser, Amelia felt guilty throughout the trip back to the house. When they arrived at the house, the adults were standing there with stern looks on the porch.

The girls were escorted to the living room and sat down on the couch together in complete silence.

"I cannot believe this! My own daughters sneaking out past curfew to go out on a joy ride! What were you thinking?!"

"Uncle Hank, it wasn't their fault. I was the one who snuck out, Lynae and Meredith were only looking out for my own well-being. I take full responsibility of my actions." Amelia stood up and tried explaining.

"I have a hard believing your story considering this is not Lynae's first time out past curfew, but bringing Meredith into this..." Hank said while glaring Lynae dead in the eye and her looking down.

"This wasn't her doing. It was mine, I am telling you the truth." Amelia pleaded.

"Meredith had nothing to do with this. She was only concerned about me and Amelia. Amelia especially after the incident at the beach..." Lynae jumped trying to defend her sister.