Chapter 12 - Salty Encounter

Chapter 12

Salty Encounters

Underneath a pier somewhere near a fishing post, the girls hid their belongings where no one could see them. They began undressing to where they only had a bra or the top of their bikinis on. They crouched to the further side of the pier not getting into contact with the wet sand just yet. While there, they discussed their strategy on how to locate the woman and get back on land before the agreed time Hank set for the girls to be back by.

"This is so humiliating – having our bare asses out like this. So how are we going to track this lady down, Mia?" Lynae complained.

"Well, not sure yet. Maybe if I can sense the future, maybe I can concentrate on the whereabouts of this woman,"

"Well, I just thought of this, she's actually a mermaid – just like us," Meredith pointed out.

"We're not mermaids, we are cursed. We're going to find that woman and make her change us back," Lynae said with determination.

"Either way, we're burning daylight, are you ready?" Amelia asked.

Both Lynae and Meredith nodded. They inched their way over to the wet sand and started to go deeper in the water enough to cover knee length. However, it was no longer knee length once they transformed into their tails. The girls had a hard time maneuvering the tails to swim deeper into the ocean, but instinctively, they managed to swim without any more struggle with their tails.

After the girls got deep enough, they tried holding their breath underwater, but something felt breezy through their jawline underneath their ear lobes. Amelia stopped holding her breath all of a sudden and began speaking.

"You can stop holding your breath now. It's okay. That breeze you're feeling I'm assuming is our gills. Breath out," Amelia instructed them.

Each girl released extra air from their mouths creating a wave of bubbles.

"How are you speaking?" Meredith asked.

"Not sure, whatever it is, the gills are acting like a converter to be water friendly and making us speak without spilling bubbles into out mouths,"

"Can you pinpoint her, Mia?" Lynae asked impatiently.

"I can try, let's swim while I'm doing that," Amelia suggested.

While agreeing to get use to moving around with their tails, Meredith didn't hesitate to jolt forward and swim with all her might. She looked like she was on a roller coaster doing twirls and flips in the water so freely. Both Lynae and Amelia were amazed on her nimbleness and flexibility she had doing those tricks in the water.

"How did you do all that?" Amelia asked.

"I don't know, but the rush of this water makes me want to do so many things that my regular body couldn't do before! It feels so exhilarating!"

"Get back here before you run into something," Lynae said asking her to come back.

Suddenly, Meredith stopped dead in her tracks looking at one direction. She then darted into that direction leaving the girls confused on why she was dashing like that. Lynae and Amelia followed her trying to get her to come back. However, what they discovered when they found Meredith changed their mindset.

A young merlad around Meredith's age was pinned down looking helpless. A few stronger merlads were picking on the younger one bullying him for something.