Chapter 29 - Heart of Ice

Chapter 29

Heart of Ice

Hours of the trial had passed, and Lynae tried drinking a thick liquid to make sense of what she had just heard from Raina. She coughed after chugging the drink. "Getting yourself drunk isn't going to solve the emotional turmoil you are struggling with." Amelia spoke up.

"Shut up!" Lynae said while chugging the liquid down. "You tell me to shut up, but your mind is screaming 'I don't know what to do'. What is it you want to do?" "I – I don't know. I can't help these people, Mia. Look at me! What kind of leader goes insane and loses herself?!" Lynae shouted.

"Cirra," Amelia answered. Lynae looked at Amelia. "Believe me, I get it. I was overwhelmed too when I found out I am to be Coronum Reginae. I'm supposed to be the peacemaker for all the seven seas. I have nightmares almost every single night about my past, about my future, and about moments like right now. But right now, I'm not trying to make your fears minimal. The question is, are you going to go to Arktis and help? You can even make it a democracy and not be a queen over it. Whatever you decide, it's your choice."

"Mia, growing up, I had my life all planned out. Going to college, get married, have kids, change the world... but since that horrible night with Juan, everything changed. I thought I could put my life back together after that, but instead I've completely shut off everybody to try to be this cold hearted you know..."

"Oh I know, believe me, and I believe everyone else got that vibe too." Amelia said grinning. "Well, if you decide to go, you won't be alone."

"Really? What about Atlantica and the Aula?" Lynae asked worryingly. "I took care of everything." Amelia reassured her. "Of course you did, would tomorrow be too soon?"

"Not at all. I'll let Haruto know about our plans." Amelia said. "Wait, prince charming is coming with us?" Lynae asked. "Of course, plus I don't think he'll give much choice in the matter if he won't shut up about not taking him."

"Wait, you're letting prince charming come along with us to Arktis?" Lynae stared at Amelia. "He wants to find the final royal sibling and he feels that this can be knocking out some possibilities on where he or she could be." Amelia explained.

The next morning, Lynae, Amelia, and Haruto gathered together getting ready to head over to Arktis along with Raina who would be guiding them throughout the journey. Rimulus was with the group before seeing them off. "Think you can handle running the Aula without me?" Amelia asked. "I won't let you down. I'll make sure it was just the way you left it." Then Amelia smiled. "I know you will. If anything arises, you know how to reach me." "Of course, my lady," Rimulus bowed.

"What about the council?" Raina asked. "They know about the situation and they can handle any of the cases unless they are serious enough needing my input." Amelia explained. Rimulus said goodbye to the group as they headed out.

"So lead the way, Honorable Raina," Haruto requested. "Raina's just fine," She said lacking emotion. "I'm sorry, I meant no disrespect. I just want to recognize you to the respectable title you've earned." Haruto explained. "Titles mean nothing to me," Raina responded coldly.

"Okay then, so you said that your people are suffering from starvation. Does it have anything to do with the fishermen boats?" Haruto asked. "How did you know?" Raina's eyes widened. "Educated guess. Back in Japan, they get a lot of imports from the Artic region of whale, fish, and whatever goods we find valuable there." Haruto explained. "And you know this how?" Lynae quizzically asked him. "My mother told me about the fishermen boats that come into the ports of Japan and where they go to fish." Haruto said.