thirty-nine

A/N: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. ONE MORE FREAKING CHAPTER LEFT. This is a surprise chapter! :) Hopefully you like it. Thank you for all your support. I love you all. Mwah.

Enjooooooy xxx

------------------------------------------------------------

ZAYN'S POV

9 MONTHS LATER....

"Zayn?" I heard Hope yell from the living room. 

"Yes, babe?" I asked her. "Do you need anything?"

"Can I have strawberries and whip cream?" she asks me, smiling.

"Of course, coming right up," I tell her, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

Hope was beautiful as ever. After our honeymoon in Paris, she was a month pregnant. Any day now, the baby will be due. We were going to have twins. Hope giggled when we found out we were having twins. She was a twin herself, so she was very happy about it. I was excited because we were having a boy and a girl, at the same time. I was also scared because if Hope were to give birth, would I faint or would I scream? I was going into the room with her, there was no way I was leaving her alone.

I go to the living room, and give Hope her strawberries and whipped cream. "Here you go, love," I tell her, taking a seat next to her.

"Thank you," she says, a strawberry already in her mouth. When Hope got pregnant, she started having these weird cravings and wanted to eat all the time. She was also very moody, and her emotions were all over the place. I didn't mind it though, because there was another soul in her body, so she was eating for two. That, and the fact that I have witnessed my mother's mood swings when she was pregnant with my younger sister. 

"Ow," Hope said, shutting her eyes. "Ow, ow, ow," she said again, holding my arm.

I took her hand in mine. "Hope, are you alright?" I asked her, concern filling my eyes.

Was it time?

"Yeah, I'm fine, but I feel very sweaty, in, um, my area," she said, blushing.

I poked her cheek. "Can you get up?"

"I need help," she said, pouting.

"That's what I'm here for," I said, helping her up. Surely, there was evidence of water where she was sitting, which can only mean one thing: her water broke.

"My water broke, but I can't feel a thing!" she said, confusion evident on her face.

"Don't worry, that's normal," I told her.

"Let's get you to the car."

I closed the door, and helped her get in the car.

I took my phone out as Hope was putting on her seatbelt. "Hello, Mrs. Evergreen - I mean Angie. Uhm, Hope's water broke, and we're going to the hospital right now. Can you all come?"

"Yes, yes, oh my God! Is she hurting right now? Tell her to breathe in and out if she is," she told me.

"Wait, let me put it on speaker," I told her.

I put my seatbelt on and started driving while the phone was on speaker.

"Hope, honey, are you okay? Do you feel the contractions?" her mother asked.

"Hi mom, no I'm n-," she shut her eyes again, and then whimpered. "Mom, it's starting."

"Okay, breathe in and breathe out, breathe in and breathe out. Listen honey, I need to go now, but you keep doing what I told you to do. Zayn's by your side, so you're going to be fine," she said as she hung up the phone.