twenty-four

HOPE'S POV

"Hope, sit down, calm down, we'll figure this out," Daniel says, grabbing hold of my arms as I sob.

After I told Zayn that they've found us, I started uncontrollably crying, which woke my brothers up. Of course, when they saw me crying like that, they knew something was up. Daniel and Macit's eyes widened when they saw the letter, while Zayn was confused because he didn't speak Turkish. 

"T-they f-found us. They're going to k-kill us," I say, leaning my head onto Daniel's shoulder.

Zayn sat on his knees and took my hands in his. "Hope," he says. "Listen, you're here, and everything's fine.. For now. But, I promise you, as long as I'm here with you - as long as your brothers are here with you - nothing's going to happen to you. won't let anything happen to you," he whispers in the end only for me to hear.

I shake my head. "They know where you live, Zayn! That means you're in danger too, I'm so sorry."

"No, don't worry, I'll be fine," he tries to assure me, but I won't fall for it. No. Since they found us and know where we are, they probably have been tracking Zayn down too to know his every move. I only hope they don't know we're dating because then I know for sure they're going to do something to him.. I don't want anything happening to my baby. No, not my Zayn.

"Okay, since they didn't come here and managed to send a letter to the house, we have time to think about what we should do," Macit says.

Daniel nods. "What do we do though? We're toast, we have no clue what to do. By the time we think of something, they'll be already here waiting for us to open the door for them," he says frustrated. 

"We can go somewhere else, like go to some hotel or something," Macit suggests.

"Don't you think they're watching your every move?" Zayn asks.

"He's got a point," I say, wiping my eyes. "We should do something else, like hide or something?"

"Hide where?" Macit asks. "We can't go anywhere if they're watching us."

"I know, but we could hide here."

Zayn's brows raise. "Here? Like in the house?"

I nod my head yes. "Don't you think they'll want to come in and look for you guys?" he says.

He does have a point there. I sigh. "That's the only thing I can think of."

"We have to think harder," Daniel says. "Okay, so let's keep what Hope said in mind, who knows, it could be the only thing we could actually do in the end. Now, say we hide here, where do we hide? Any place where they most likely won't look at?"

"There's always the attick upstairs," Zayn answers him. There's an attick in his house?

I've lived here for quite a while, but I never knew he had an attick in his house. Wow. It might actually work. 

"Why am I now hearing this?" I ask him dumbfounded.

"Yes, I have an attick, but I never really used it, so I kind of forgot it was even there," he replies.

"That might actually work. We need weapons with us there though, just in case they do find the attick and they decide they want to come in," Macit says. "Alright, well, we do know there are knives but do you have anything else?"

"Do you mean like legit weapons?" Zayn asks him. Macit simply nods.

"No, sorry man, only the kitchen utensils."

"I guess that'll work. Now, do we wait for them, or what do we do?" Daniel asks.

"Well, how about I show you where the attick is, and then we'll figure out the rest?" Zayn suggests and we all agree. He takes us upstairs, and we enter the library room. There is a small, silver chandelier in the middle of the room, burgundy couches on each side of a wooden desk, and a book shelf filled with many, many books. I came here lots of times, but I don't see the attick. Looks of confusion soon make their way on our faces and Zayn just chuckles. He pushes one of the chairs to the middle of the room where the chandelier is, and steps on it after taking his shoes off. "What are you doing?" Daniel asks.

"You'll see," he answers.

Zayn grabs the chandelier and pushes it to the side, and I almost scream because I thought it was going to fall to the ground. "Zayn! Be careful!" I scold him.

"Hope, I've done this many times before, you do not need to worry," he tells me. He pushes the chandelier to the side and there's a hidden circle in the ceiling, which I'm guessing, is how you open the attick. 

"Tada," Zayn says. He opens the circular door, and tells us to watch us as he gets the ladder down. He goes up, and then the three of us take turns to go up as well. Once we all were in the attick, Macit finally speaks. "Wow."

The attick had graffiti walls. So Zayn. He has them in his bedroom and up here too. I should've known. There were no couches whatsoever, only canvases and art stuff on the other side of the room, piled neatly on top of each other. "I know there's no where to sit and all, but you guys are safe to hide in here. You didn't even know where the attick was, so I don't think they'll know where it is," he says as he scratches the back of his neck.

"Thank you Zayn, honestly. We owe you big time," Daniel says.

"No worries, as long as you're safe," he says.

"Thank you so much," I thank him sincerely. He has helped us so much and I don't know what I'd do without him. "I think no matter how much I thank you it won't be enough."

"Ah, don't worry, I'm more than glad to help," he says, blushing.

"Well w-" Macit was cut off by the door bell. 

We stand frozen. None of us make any sound.

The door bell rings again.

And again.

And again.

-----------------

HI GUYS. I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE CHAPTER.

I'M SORRY, I WON'T BE DOING A DOUBLE UPDATE TODAY:(

I GOT REALLY SICK AND MY HEAD WAS HURTING REALLY BAD YESTERDAY AND I HAVE SUMMER SCHOOL AS I SAID BEFORE IN THE A/N IN THE LAST CHAPTER, AND I HAD SO MUCH HOMEWORK TODAY I'M NOT EVEN JOKING LIKE I'M RUNNING ON 4 HOURS OF SLEEP AND I'M STILL AWAKE AND I WANT TO GO TO BED BECAUSE I'M REALLY TIRED.

I APOLOGISE :(

I FEEL BAD :(

ANYWAYS, HAVE A GOOD DAY / GOODNIGHT WHEREVER YOU ARE :))

THANK YOU FOR 482 (I THINK THATS HOW MANY READS I HAVE NOW) IT MEANS SO MUCH TO ME! WRITING IS MY PASSION AND ITS WHAT I LOVE TO DO THE MOST, AND YOUR SUPPORT ONLY MAKES ME WANT TO WRITE MORE AND YOU KEEP ME MOTIVATED TO KEEP DOING WHAT I LOVE TO DO, SO... THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! :)))<3

  -trulygolden