9: Confession

Ryunosuke shut the apartment door behind him. He had not planned this. He was angry, for he had taken advantage of Rinka's innocent request. He had been feeling down since Runa left, lonely. It had only been a little more than month, but it felt like years. And the way Rinka tensed when he pushed her down, he had crossed a line and he knew it. Runa was right, he did seem to naturally mess up good things. He sighed and thought about Rinka. She had been popping up in his mind often over their years as best friends, but now he could almost think of nothing else, especially since Runa left. He frowned at the thought of her asking a random guy out. He wished she would have told him who. Oh well, he thought. He'd know tomorrow.

_______________________

Rinka had left the note in Nakide's hall locker taking him to meet her by the sakura tree. She was feeling confident, though maybe slightly over dressed. She had donned on a  white tube top that Rio Had given her a year ago for an ocasion like this she had also found a pair if white short shorts that showed her legs. She never dressed like this before and some of the students who had come to saturday club activities had given her comments on her outfit, though none bad. It wasn't September yet so it was still warm, today hot. She seen him already at the willow. She walked to him, pausing a few feet from him

"Hayami?" he looked puzzled. She slightly regretted not leaving a name on the note.

"Nakide, I was wondering" Rinka pause not sure how to word it, she choose a direct approach

"would you like to go out?".

"No" he said simply.

Was I too direct? Rinka thought to herself. She looked at her hands

"Ok" She smiled as bright as she could though she felt torn.

_______________________

Ryunosuke knew he shouldn't, but he did. He followed Rinka. He had donned on stealth clothes, hoping no one would recognise him. He was always carefull to look his best, since he, as an A-class student represented the school. He ditched his school dress shirt and blazer for a gray hoodie and black sweats. He even skipped gelling his hair, letting it fall over his face, like it used too. He knew where she was going the minute she turned to Dekesa road. So he beat her there, crouching behind the shrubery, he could hear every word he was angry. Very angry. He cleared the shrub and walked directly to Nakide.

"What so you mean 'no'?!" Ryu demanded, "are you not even gonna give her a chance!?,".

"I just don't like her" Nakosai said in a bored tone. Ryu took a step toward him, "you son of a--". Rinka cut him off.

"Ryuu" Rinka yelled, "What is wrong with you!?" the girl looked at him, red-faced in anger and embarassment she stormed away.

"Rinka," Ryunosuke put a hand on her shoulder once He caught up to her.

She turned and slapped him. Hard.

"That was my private conversation Ryuu, not for you to interrupt" she shouted at him. Ryunosuke was stunned,

"I was just-" he stopped, for he didnt even know what he had been doing, or thinking.

She had already walked away anyway. He decided to go to the park and enjoy the cherry blossoms before heading home