Mother's visit

Rinka should have put more thought into the call last night for at seven am the doorbell rang. Rinka bolted upright and scrambled to the door. She yanked the knob to find her mother glaring in disapproval

"Young lady I've been ringing for almost three minutes! Arent you going to invite me in?" Rinka bowed then opened the door for her mother

"Some hostess you are." Her mother looked to her and drew heff upper-lip into a sneer "What atrociouse sleeping attire, what happened to the nightgown I sent you during my vacation in france over the summer?"

Rinka didn't bother to state her opinion that anything with lace mesh and underwire wasn't comfortable to sleep in and that her sportie and mini jersey shorts were the perfect pajamas.

"Imagine, Rinka dear, if i had been a travelling salesman your wearing no more than underwear" Her mother said sitting on the couch mumbling under her breath about how tacky it was.

"What do I owe the pleasure of your visit to mother?" Rinka said with a respectful smile.

"Well dear, its your birthday so i thought we could go out and have some fun, especially now that Francois is visiting his parents here in Japan for the week"

Rinka understood that her golddigging mother was here to pretend to show maternal care long enough to appease Francios's parents to approve of the marriage. She used to tell rinka of how she married her father the same way before shipping Rinka off to boardong schools.

"Now darling put on something proper we're leaving at nine".

By proper Rinka knew her mother meant something frilly and pastel but Rinka would have to spend a while trying to find it. She opened the spare bedroom closet to find her old dresses, now time to find the right one.

The plainest one was pastelle blue but it was too tight for her chest being designed for a young girl.

The really fancy white one was out of the question, she tried on a pink dress with a white satin sash.

While she was deciding wether it was too fancy or not her mother came into the dooorway

"Rinka honey, that is a beatiful dress; if only you werent cursed with my mothers hair. You know, your father had very thick glossy obsidion hair, and mine was the most platnum blone, no matter what we wore we matched. Your cursed with my mothers red locks, or are they strawberry blonde?"

Rinka didnt bother to answer as her mother walked away. She undressed from the pink monstrosity and hoplesly looked in the closet. She found a white dress that had a type pf cone shaped skirt, the lace underlay barely poked out from the bottom of the hem. She didnt think she looked to bad so she went into the living room.

"Now dear we cant leave the house with you bare-faced. Put some make-up on so not to embarass me. Remember the dress is casual yet dressy so go for a sweet make-up look."

Rinka wanted to tell her mom she sounded like the dressup game moderator but had a more pressing matter to speak of

"Mother I dont own any make up." Her mother dropped her phone

"WHAT KIND OF YOUNG LADY DOESNT OWN MAKE-UP!?"

Rinka tilted her head slightly downward left, for her mother seen this as more ladylike than shrugging.

"Well no bother, I brought a makeup bag with me here" she said giving rinka a huge twenty pound bag.

Rinka went to the bathroom to put it on.

Youtube said to pick a foundation first then lightly blend to her skin. Then she went with some gold eyeshadow to contrast with the glossy peach lipstick, then did some very short wing eyeliner like when Rio and Kaede used to do her makeup when playing dress-up.

She walked into the living room again and her mother nodded in something similar to aproval. It was fifteen till nine so rinka went to find her non tennis shoes. In her scramble to get ready she had forgotten completely about her plans with Ryuu.