Getting Ready

Rinka strongly disliked the thought of being alone with her mother. Especialy with the memories of her mothers sudden outbursts. Yet she would never turn her mother away, no matter what Elise did to her. Rinka noticed that Elise had really cut back on the cigarettes, so that was good. Elise hadnt had an outburst for the entire time she was at the appartment, and 3pm on sunday came before Rinka realized it.

"Mother, are you certain its best if Ryuu joins us" Rinka quizzed.

Elise took a sip of her drink "He is charming. Why wouldnt you want him to join us" Elise asked in an annoyed manner.

"Well, I just didnt want him to come thats all" Rinka said hoping to drop the subject, her hopes were not answered.

"How dare you, after all the time i spent into making you into a suitable young girl, and you insult me by refusing my authority?" Rinka knew that her mother had skipped medications this morning, and a mood swing had just taken place.

"Now go make yourself presentable" Elise grabbed Her arm in a bruising grip, Rinka could feel manicured nains tearing her skin, and she shoved Rinka to the bedroom to change.

Rinka looked at her upper arm and seen a red handprint starting to bruise, along with four bleeding cresent-moon cuts to match.

She unzipped the bag that contained the dress from the top shelf, it was a skyblue knee length dress. The blue fabric was a fine silk that went beautifully with the wide satin sash, it was dazzling, but not exactly appropriate for the formal restraunt.

The second was a cream colored sundress, with a low cut and sraps that crossed in the back; the hem was softly angled causing the front to be barely longer than knee length, with the back touching almost her ankles.

Yet the sundress was not right either.

She unzipped the longest one, revealing the most stunning dress she had ever seen.

It was a floor length gown that was white satin with intricate designs of black velvet, it had a beautiful reverse sash of white with black designs; it had an underlay of fine dark mesh, laced with small flecks of silver glitter, that went from waist, all the way up the exposed back and stopped right below the shoulders, only to come all the way down as sleeves.

She slid the dress on, habing to use a hanger to zip it up having that she discovered it was a form fitting dress.

She sat at her rarely used vanity table snd took out the make up she had bought after Ryuu left.

She applied som soft pink lip gloss along with some mixed eyeshadow that was a light gold along with silver and white, she added some short n sharp wings and mascara. It was a simple look, but it made her face pop.

She the went to the living room to get her mother's approval. Elise yanked Rinka's hair, digging nails into her scalp

"Just what were you planing to do with this hidious orange mop?" Elise yelled.

Rinka waited for her to release and went back to her room. She burned her left ear and neck on the curling iron, but by the time she was done she had wide ringlets falling around her shoulders . Her mother deemed the look sutible. Then they had to leave to get there to claim their table.