Shopping trip

Ryunosuke sat on the seat farthest right in the limoseine. Rinka sat in the middle with her mom on the left. The ride was quiet. Uppon arrival Elise (Chiba had finally learned her name) walked them strait into an extremely expensive formal wear store, then she departed telling them she had things tings to try on and for rinka too pick three dresses from the west wall and theyed look later at the choices and decide wich one. Once on the west wall rinka sat on an ottoman with a sigh.

"You okay?" Ryuu asked sitting beside her. She glared at him in answer.

He sighed "shouldnt you pick out a dress? Who knows when she'll be back...".

She stood up and started walking away. He caught up with her quickly

"Where are we going Rinka." He asked exasaratedly, tired of the silent treatment.

"I'm going to get ice cream and shop for some actual clothes"

"But what about your mom"

"She'll be fine"

"What if she comes looking for us?"

"Well be back five minutes before shes done changing"

"Will we have time?"

"Stop Ryuunosuke! Just trust me okay?!" She shouted earning a few nervous glances from employees.

A red-faced Rinka powerwalked from the store.

When in the hall Ryu asked "why did you have to yell?"

Rinka continued to walk strait to the corner where they sold dippin dots, after ordering coookied dough flavored they sat at the teeny table just out of public earshot

"are you ever going to answer me?" Ryuu quizzed.
Rinka simply shoved a spoonful of the tiny orbs into her mouth.

"Are you mad at me for coming along? Did you want a day alone with your mother? Did you want me to stay at the dress shop? What the hell is wrong?" Ryuu said the last question a bit loudly, earning a glare from rinka who still had her spoon in her mouth.

"Could you just tell me how I can fix it? I hate it when you're upset."

Putting her spoon on the napkin she slouched in her chair

"The quickest fix would be pouring poison in Elise's wine"

"That sounds horrible!" Ryuu said, Rinka even being a sharp shooter was almost never violent.

"What?" Rinka aked quirking an eyebrow.

"Well for starters the part about killing your own mom, so all of it."

Rinka rolled her eyes " I didnt say kill. Just make her really hurt."

Ryuu gaped "Like thats any better."

"Shes done worse to me." Rinka said turning her head with frown

"Huh?"

"Nothing lets go. You can finish yours in the stores"
He didnt think she would appreciate it if he pried.

Plus she was finally talking to him again. They went to hot topic. Rinka put on a TØP hat and he grabbed a P!ATD beanie. She pulled it off him

"Nope, it doesnt look good." She said with a grin.

Before he could ask she pulled his hair down over his face and replaced the beanie.

"Now if that isn worthy of a photo I dont know what is" she said he pullling him down to where he was on screen too.

They took a silly photo with the pricetags showing on their hats. Rinka wrote a simple caption and posted it everywhere their old friends could see.

Ryuu silently wished that some of them were there now.

They had to go back to the dress shop and Rinkas mood intantly dropped.

She sat on the ottoman and said "Just pick three of 'em"

Ryuu blinked "Three of what?"

"Dresses dummy." She said with an eyeroll

"Why me?" He asked

"Cause if mom doesnt like em I can say you picked em" she said shrughing

"All of them are in black bags" he complained looking towards the shelf

"Then it should be easy, the perfect plan" she lightly smiled

"How is this a good plan?" Ryuu asked taking a size small from the top shelf

"I didnt say good for you" she replied as he pulled one from the left side that was longer than the previous

"Well I would like a good backup in case these are all hideous" he said pulling an intimidating floor length bah from the right side

Rinka had been spot on abouth the timing for, Elise walked strait thrugh the isle at that moment

"Well Ryuu, i see you two are done shopping, Why dont you join us for dinner tomorrow night at Chez Rançois? Rinka and I shall be wearing our dresses!"

She exclaimed enthusiastically. Ryuu shot an apologetic glance to Rinka

"I guess I can ask my parents permission" he said silently wishing that rinka wouldnt be angry with him.