Chapter 22

It's been about a month now since I've seen Jace or Jason. I finally got a new phone and it's already filled with pictures of me, Emily, and Abigail. May moved in with her best friend from college and my parents have been gone for about a week. They went to Paris for some romantic vacation. And just saying, I won't be surprised if my mom ends up pregnant soon. So anyway, this means I have the house to myself. Emily and Abigail came over at least twice. On Monday, then on Friday. Today is Monday again and I texted both of them that I wanted to walk to school alone just to clear my head and that I would meet up with them at school. Which they were thankfully understandable about it.

While I was walking to school, I noticed a group of 4 people wearing black hoodies standing under a tree. They were clearly talking but I didn't know what they were saying. I was also on the other side of the road. They noticed me staring and stared back so I looked away and kept walking. But then they started walking as well. I sped up but so did they and then started crossing the street towards me. I quickly took out my phone and called my group chat with Emily and Abigail then put my phone back in my pocket.

"You're that Jade girl aren't you?" One of the 4 asked me. They weren't covering their faces so I could see them quite perfectly.

"Answer!" Another one said. I looked at all of them noticing that they were all guys. This already isn't a good sign. A third guy grabbed my neck causing me to look at him and tightened his grip.

"A silent one aren't ya?" I looked at him in his eyes. One of them was an emerald green color and the other was a dark red. I'm gonna straight up assume that he's a vampire and the rest of these guys are too. I don't remember reading anything about vampires with two different colored eyes though. So I have no idea how to react to this. He also had medium length black hair. Not gonna lie though... He's kinda hot. The boy chuckled which reminded me that vampires could read minds. I'm an idiot.

"A cute idiot if I may add."

"P-please let me go. I just want to get to school." That was all I was able to get out. I was actually getting scared and it slowly became harder and harder to breathe.

"Tell us where Jace is and we'll leave you alone."

"I haven't seen or talked to him in a month. I don't know where he is." He let go of my neck harshly. Then we heard a loud female voice.

"You boys better get away from her right now or someone's gonna get hurt. And it's not gonna be me." The boys turned their heads and saw Emily and Abigail walking towards us. All of them except the one that pretty much choked me stood in front of them blocking them from us.

"Don't interrupt the boss when he's busy with a patient. You'll get your turn." A boy said. I didn't see his face but he had short blond hair.

"What business would he have with Jade? Does she owe him money or something?" Abigail pushed the group of 3 boys standing in front of her.

"Oh no, no, no. I'm just asking if she knew where our little friend Jace has been hiding." The boy with the two eye colors said looking at Abigail then at me.

"I told you, I haven't seen or heard from him in a month. I don't know where he is."

"He's not at his house?" Emily asked crossing her arms.

"That's the first place we checked. Then at your school, then Jade's house but no sign of him."

"You went into my house?!" I shouted and the boy with the different colored eyes looked directly at me.

"Of course we did. You were the only one close to him. We searched in another girl's house but he wasn't there either." Victoria's house. "Ahh yes. That was her name. Victoria." Got damn it.

"Look I promise you. I have no idea where he is." I repeated for like the third or fourth time. I don't even remember at this point.

"Alrighty then," The boy and his group disappear in a cloud of smoke. Everyone's was black except his. It was a dark emerald green shade. It looked beautiful. I stood in place watching the smoke disappear since it lingered in the air longer than the others. Once it disappeared completely, Emily and Abigail grabbed my hands and started walking to school pulling me out of my trance-like state.

When we got to school, I could think about was that boy and where Jace could be. I was getting kind of worried about him. Maybe what I told him the last time I saw him was a bit harsh. Ugh I'm starting to miss him now. But if we hang out again, Jason will just try screwing with us again and I really don't want that. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket so I quickly took it out and saw that I got a text from an unknown number.

Unknown: meet me near the bathrooms closest to your class. Please

I know I shouldn't respond since I might get caught but also because I don't know who this is. But me being the curious little shit that I am. I replied.

Me: who is this?

Unknown: you'll see if you come over here. Please

Me: ok ok..

I put my phone back and raised my hand asking my teacher if I could use the restroom. He let me go so I went to the bathrooms that were closest to my classroom and saw someone standing next to the water fountain that was inbetween the women and men bathroom doors. I guess they noticed me walking toward them and they looked up at me.

"Jace?"

"Hey Jj." He looked at me with a smirk on his face.