Chapter Twenty-Four

THE NEXT MORNING

Kotoko woke up to a bright light that shined through open curtains.

Groaning loudly, Kotoko rolled over. She expected to find her son sleeping beside her. But to her surprise she found a man sleeping peacefully next to her.

She felt something bubble in her stomach, lifting up the blanket a bit she got view of their naked bodies entangled.

Her head fell back onto the pillow, cause a sharp pain.

'Oh god hangover!' She groaned lightly while carefully removing the man's body from hers.

As she panted her feet onto the ground, the sound of a familiar kpop song blasted in her purse across the room.

Not wanting to wake up her one night stand, Kotoko lunges towards her phone and clicks answer.

"Hello?" She whispers softly as the mystery man began to stir.

"Where are you?" Kotoko heart flutters at the sound of the voice on the other line.

"Naoki?" She whispers while searching over the room for her undergarments.

"We need to talk. Where are you? I'll pick you up." Sudden fear arose in Kotoko heart.

"No!" She shouted.

"What?" He asks a little confused.

"I mean no. Im currently busy. So Ill come see you."

A little disappointed Naoki answers "Alright meet me at Pandai."

Kotoko ends the call and lets out a sigh of pain.

"Who are you meeting?" Kotoko jumped at the sudden voice.

She looks up to see a handsome man smiling at her.

"Morning." Kotoko felt her cheeks burn with embarrassment.

"M-morning." Kotoko slowly began to put her clothes on without her panties.

"So um, I'm just going to go." Awkwardly headed towards the door.

"Would you like to have breakfast before you go?" The man asks while pulling Kotoko at the hip into him.

He leaned down to her ear, Kotoko pulled away.

"Look whatever happened last night was not on my agenda."

With a sly grin the mystery man "Neither was it on mine but since it happened why don't we see what we can do with it."

'This guy is crazy.'

"This," Kotoko pointed at the two of them "Is going no where."

Kotoko pulled away then headed towards the elevator inside his room.

"We'll see~"

Kotoko let out a sigh of relief once she reached a cab outside.

While crossing her legs she finally realized that she forgot her panties.

'Oh no.' She pulled down her dress as much as she could, her face burned with embarrassment.

~

Kotoko walked up to the secretary at the entrance, "Hello I'm here to see Irie Naoki."

Without looking up the secretary asks "Name?"

"Aihara Kotoko." The Secretary's eyes widen as she looks up.

She picked up the phone not breaking eye contact.

"Hello sir, I have Aihara Kotoko waiting for you. Yes, Yes. Alright." She places down the phone.

"Mr. Irie will see you now." Kotoko nodded while making her way towards the elevator.

~

Kotoko stood outside the door about to knock when the door opened revealing Naoki and someone else.

Naoki stared at Kotoko's face, enjoying the fact that she was standing near him.

As Kotoko watched Naoki a familiar person popped up from behind him.

"Oh it's you."

Kotoko's eyes widen with surprise.

"Oh do you two know each other?" Naoki questioned.

"No not really." The man said with a devilish grin.

Kotoko turned crimson red as covering her legs with her bag.

"Oh well then. Kotoko this is Jin Yuan Feng. We are talking about getting our companies coming together."

Kotoko forced a awkward smile "Oh that's great."

"Well I hope to talk to you again soon Naoki." Jin says while giving Kotoko a teasing smile.

Kotoko stared at Jin as she puffed her cheeks in annoyance.

"Kotoko,"

Naoki stared at Kotoko with jealous stinging at his heart as she was watching Jin.

"Kotoko!" Finally having enough, Naoki grabs hold of her chin and gently pulls it to face him.

Her eyes widened as she was a bit surprised by Naoki's sudden movements.

Kotoko watched as Naoki held this pained look of anger and annoyance.

She knew this look all to well, except that she was the one who held it.

"What did you want to talk about?" Pushing aside Naoki's hand and moving passed him into his office.

"I wanted to talk to you about our situation." He began as he closed the door.

"I guess that seems reasonable." Kotoko told him while taking a seat on the chair across from his.

"I also wanted to tell that I am still going to marry Sahoko." Kotoko felt a jab at her heart, though she held a blank expression.

"That's wonderful. I wish you two the best." This in turn hurt Naoki as he hoped she would throw a fit and give him a reason not to marry her.

"Now that's out of the way I'll move on to the bigger matters." Naoki reaches into his desk and pulled out a few papers.

Kotoko scanned the top that read 'Custody Agreement'

"I would like to share custody over Hiro."

Kotoko took the papers from him she looked them over. This bitter thought of telling him to go shove it crossed her mind.

However, she held it back.

"Alright," Weakly she signed the papers.

As she went to pass the letter back the cold sensation of regret washed over her.

She felt that if she gave him the papers, she would be selling away herself to a lifetime of endless torture.

She would have to live always having to see Naoki with Sahoko and their happy family.

"Kotoko?" She snapped back into reality.

She pulled the papers away from Naoki's awaiting hands.

"I can't do it."

"What? What do you mean?"

Kotoko stood up and ripped up the papers into many pieces.

"Hey! Stop it!" Naoki shouted while trying to stop her.

"I can't do this. I can't live with you in my life."

Naoki froze as Kotoko eyes welled up with tears.

"I will not live with You and Sahoko in my life."

"Why?" Naoki took a step closer to Kotoko.

"Why can't you?"

"Because I still love you. No matter how much I try to stop, it doesn't change anything."

For the first time in a long time, Naoki's heart soared. He felt that warmth of Kotoko once again.

As he opened his mouth to say he loves her as well She ran out throwing the bits of ripped up paper.