Chapter Sixteen

Later that night Aihara returned home to find his daughter engrossed in one of the magazines reviewing her clothings.

"Otōsan! Someone commented 'The clothings were comfortable and very well made for all woman however the name of the line was uncalled for. It is cheesy and to punny." Kotoko held her sides as she laughed.

"Someone called my 'Falling For The Kisses' Fall Line title too cheesy!" She breathed out. Aihara chuckled at his daughter.

After placing down his winter-y coat on a hanger, he looked around for Hiro. "Where's Hiro?"

Kotoko placed down her magazine with a heavy sigh, "Currently in our room sulking to himself." Aihara raise a brow in question. "I wouldn't let him see Yuuki today. After last night I didn't really think that was a good idea." She explained, she crossed her legs in a sitting pose.

Aihara nodded along, the conversation he and Mrs Irie had earlier played through his thoughts. He wondered if it was his place to say anything at all, 'It's between them and their family- but does Kotoko want to let Naoki in his life? Will she?' His thoughts cycled through over and over.

"Pa?" Broken out of his mind by his daughter, he coughed.

"Well you are his mother. Though Yuuki was disappointed when you nor Hirio showed." Kotoko groaned loudly while leaning onto the back of the couch.

"That makes me feel so much better." Aihara lightly chuckled.

"I'm sorry Kotoko." He apologized while taking a seat next to her.

"So," Kotoko looked up from her 'almost' lying position on the couch to her father who held a complicated expression, "I met with the Missus." For a second Kotoko didn't know who he was talking about until it clicked.

"Auntie," She sighed.

"Yes, and she asked me to," The words began to stick to his throat, unable to spit them out. Aihara looked at his confused daughter, for the first time since she came back he saw his daughter five years ago, following Naoki around like a lost puppy seeking for love and attention.

Taking a soft sigh Aihara stared at Kotoko, his manners turned serious, his body sat straight.

"Kotoko, do you still love Naoki?"

~

The Youngest Irie son came home, his shoulders slumped with disappointment. His brother took note of his state and asked him what was wrong.

"Kotoko canceled on our usual lunch date with Hiro." Yuuki glumbly flung himself onto the couch next to his amused older brother.

"I don't blame her. After yesterday I don't think you'll see him for awhile." Naoki stated a bit sadden. Yuuki stared at his brother, his lips slid into a small pout.

"Damn I was hoping for some more Uncle and Nephew bonding." The two chuckled.

As they watched the tv news, their mother came bouncing into the house with a big grin. The Irie boys turned to each and sighed. Standing up the two walked towards their mother who walked into the kitchen. "Ma what's got you so chipper?" Yuuki hestentitly asks.

Mrs. Irie turned and beamed at her sons "Kotoko and Hiro will be moving in soon!"

The brother turned to each other then back at their mother.

"What!?"

Mrs. Irie grinned happily as she bounced around the kitchen humming one of her favorite songs.

"Ma what are you talking about? Did you speak with Kotoko?" Naoki asked a bit too hopeful.

Shaking her head Mrs. Irie answered "No but Ai-san said he will and I know he'll convince her." The boys let out a sigh of disappointment.

"Ma that doesn't mean she is moving in." Mrs. Irie waved off her unhopeful sons and continued on her happy way.