Chapter Ten

Kotoko and Joey both turned around to be greeted by their friend from America, Christine Robbins. "Chris!" Kotoko squealed jumping into Chris's opened arms. Joey watched as the two friend hugged happily, as he smiled at the two a hand laid upon his shoulder.

Joy turned to see a grinning Mr. Robbins, "Sir what are you doing here?" He asked as the two girls stop hugging and turn to them.

"I came because Mr. Oizumi invited me. Why else would I be here?" The Old man laughed, he gave Joey a rough pat on the back that caused him to lurk forward in pain. Mr. Robbins cupped Kotoko face and smiled joyous.

Kotoko smiled as she placed her hands over his "How is my favorite designer?" He asked whiled Kotoko welcomed the man, who once scared her senseless, comforting hands.

"I am alright Uncle. How are you?" The man gave a hearty laughed as his side off her face and back to his pocket.

"I'm great. But this young girl wouldn't stop bugging about visiting you again!" Everyone turned to the blushing Chris, who turned her attention to the buffett laid out.

"Kotoko! Let's get some food!" She exclaims, she grabbed hold of Kotoko arm and pulled her along, leaving the two men to their own accords.

The girls reached the buffett and watched a few people here and there grab something to eat, Chris grabbed two plates for the both of them and slowly went around the table grabbing what looked appetizing. Kotoko stood staring at the table of food, usually she gladly take the chance to eat some that looked so delicious. However, Kotoko knew that if she ate some now, she would puke from all the anxiety tightening around her.

Chris walked up to her, some piece of shrimp sticking onto her cheek, "Why won't wou eoat?" She asked with her mouth filled with some food. Kotoko chuckled lightly grabbing some napkins while placing her plate back down, she wiped off Chris's cheek.

"Im not hungry." She answered crumpling up the napkin and throwing it away, Suddenly soft jazz music filled Kotoko's ears, she turned to the band. Her eyes widen in shock as she saw the only person who could make her heart stop and speed up at the same time, enter with his fiance clingy to his side.

His parents entered after the two along with Ms. Oizumi and her father. Kotoko couldn't move as much as her body begged her to, she kept watching as they all made it around the room greeting each Guest.

"They are so cute~" Kotoko was finally broken from her trance, She turned to her gushing friend, who had finally cleaned her plate of food. "Ne Kotoko want to hear a secret." Kotoko nodding, Chris lead forward "I hear a rumor that Naoki is in love with another woman. That's why it took them five years to finally announce their engagement to the world." Kotoko shook her head as the sudden hope that Naoki loved her reached her thoughts.

"I don't think that's true." Chris laughed "Of course. That's why it's called a rumor silly." Kotoko turned back, only to find Naoki staring at her intently.

Her heart speed up, her eyes locked into his. It wasn't until a waiter came up to here offering a glass of champagne to her, she nodding take a glass. In one gulp, the 4 inch glass of champagne was gone.

Behind Kotoko stood an annoyed Joey, she let out a small yelp of surprise as she turned around, Kotoko placed a hand over her heart "Don't frighten me like that!" She yelled at him as quietly as she could while slapping his chest.

Joey crossed his arms, while narrowing his eyes to the empty drink in her hand. "What did I say about getting drunk and leaving me to take care of you?" Kotoko placed the drink behind her back and nervously chuckled "Woman don't think for a second I won't your drunk self in a ditch again." Joey threatened, Kotoko gulped in fear.

She ducked her head "I'm sorry. I won't drink anything else." Joey placed a hand on Kotoko's head and softly rubbed it.

"Good girl." Kotoko smiled at Joey. As the two returned to their originally table free of Chris and Mr. Robbins, who were greeting the couple.

Kotoko laid her head into her hands, "Oi baka look alive, it's a party." The two turned to Yuuki, dressed in a suit in tie. "Yuuki..." Kotoko gabbed hold of the younger brother and hugged him.

Shocked by her sudden movements Yuuki had no clue what to do, Kotoko clutched onto his jacket causing him to freeze in his place. "I've been to countless gathers, countless times I had to be center of attention." Yuuki wrapped his arms around Kotoko as she began to shake.

"This is the first gathering where my mind is blank and the only thing I can do is not fall." The two men stared at each other as the woman they both loved like a sister shook in fear within Yuuki's arms.