Port Angeles

We were in the car driving towards Port Angeles. We were belting out the lyrics to 2002 by Anne- Marie, more specifically Sierra was. I was sitting there just listening and nodding along to the beat. We had another hour or so until we made it to Port Angeles. We just sand a bunch of songs and had fun. Once we got there, we went to the bookstore first. When I walked in I knew I was in heaven, there were books EVERYWHERE! I knew we were going to be here for a while.

I turn to Sierra and say "Do you want to browse together or separately?"

"Separately, we have different likes" she replies.

I nod and then start wandering around. There were so many good selections here. The whole store was huge It with so many subsections for the different genres of books. It was overall amazing. I head towards the sci-fi and fantasy sections first. And yes I said sections. There were so many books they didn't even fit in one section. I browse for a bit until I see a series I have been wanting to read for a long while, but never really had the time or patience to go get. (All the books mentioned are just going to be some of my favorite ones) It was the Throne of Glass series. I got the first two books, then continued to look.

I saw the Seven Realms series and almost squealed. My old copy got left in Phoenix and I didn't EVER want to go back there, and Renee probably burned all that I left. I grabbed the whole box set and then set about looking for more things to read. I didn't find anything else in that section so I went to the manga section. It was awesome, they had all the series I was currently reading and I was seriously in heaven. I pulled some of the books and started reading a bit, even though I know I probably shouldn't do this. I got so engrossed in my reading that I didn't notice hours had passed until Sierra walked up to me and asked when we were leaving. I looked up startled and blushed when I realized how much time had passed. I gathered the books I wanted to read, and headed towards the register to pay. I ended up getting 4 new 3-in-1 manga books because they were half the price of 3 full manga books. I also got the 2 sci-fi fantasy series.

I spent about $100 but it was worth it. I look at the time and see that it is 5:00, we were in the store for 4 hours, wow. It was too early for dinner, so we put our bags into the car and went to just walk around. I had about $80 left from what I brought on this little trip. I need to get a job, I used to have one down in Phoenix, but I quit cuz I moved.

"Hey what are you thinking about?" Sierra questions. I was startled out of my inner monologue.

"Oh, nothing" I said. I smiled and we continued to walk around, holding hands, and I don't care if people are homophobic, love is love. We see some clothing shops that actually looked interesting, and we went in those. Sierra ended up with a couple tops and I got a new sweatshirt. It was Pokémon, a really old game, but still fun to play. (I'm not even embarrassed to say I still play both the video games and the trading card game) I was so happy for this.

We then continued to walk around for a bit. As Sierra was starting to get hungry, I got distracted by a display in one of the shops and wanted to go and look at it. Sierra was getting impatient, seeing as how we didn't eat lunch. I told her to keep going and for her to text me the address. I would be ten minutes tops. After about three minutes, I got a text from Sierra with the address. Some place called Bella Italia, an Italian restaurant I am assuming based on the name. I pulled up a map on my phone and followed it.

I think I made a wrong turn somewhere, seeing as how I ended up in a darkening alleyway. I see a couple men coming towards me, and I can smell the alcohol on their breath and around them from yards away. I knew this was gonna be the classic "girl gets raped in an alley" scenario. I just didn't know how to get out of it.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I look around and see a couple more men coming from the other way, they were herding me in. I hurriedly look and see what other options I have. I look up and see that there were some metal fire escapes. I could run to one while I call the police, and on the way I can maybe hit some of these SOB's in the no-no spot. I out my plan into action and sprint to the fire escape and take my phone out of my pocket, forgetting my bags. I open my phone and call.

"9-1-1, what's your emergency?" I hear.

"I am currently being surrounded by about 6 men. They seem to be intoxicated and I don't think they are that nice" I say into my phone.

"Ok, what is your location?" The nice dispatcher asks.

"Um, I am in an alley and the closest shop is Narnia's Frozen Yogurt" I say.

"Ok, the police will be there in about five minutes" the dispatcher says.

"OK, bye then. The men are starting to get to grabby" I say, then hang up.

The men were starting to climb the ladder to get to me. Why are they putting so much effort into getting me? I just sigh and prepare myself to fight, I took many martial art classes and could take these guys down easily, I just really didn't want to even of they deserve it. I take a deep breath and launch myself off the escape. It takes the men a couple seconds to find me again.

I charge towards them and start punching and kicking, waiting for some help to come. Roundhouse kick to the solar plexus, palm heel to the nose, front kick to the groin. I was actually almost starting to enjoy myself, but then I remembered their intentions with me. I hardened myself and hit harder.

I wouldn't be another victim. I wouldn't be defenseless again, I will never feel the humiliation again. I hear a car drive up, and I look up to see a flash of blonde hair. Rosalie, I think. I continue to hit the men, not men, they are dirt. Dirt that should never be allowed to live, but I don't decide who lives and dies. That's Deaths job. I quit feeling skin to hit against and come to my senses.

They were all on the ground, knocked unconscious. I breathe and feel the adrenaline leave my body. I start to collapse, only to feel someone catch me. I look up and see Rosalie. My mind was on the fight though. I was so close to being a victim again. All because I just HAD to look at some cute clothes. Honestly, all of this is bringing flashbacks back. I can't deal with this. I hope Sierra is good. I should give her a call. I shakily pick up my phone and call her.

"Where are you?" She asks, frantically, knowing I'm always punctual.

"I got caught up in some business" I say. "I have to go now, finish eating and wait by the car please" as I hear the sirens wailing in the distance. I hang up and look at Rosalie.

"Thanks for being here" I mumble, then promptly faint, I only have one thing in my mind. How is my Pokémon sweatshirt?

So, ending with a bit of a cliffhanger. I hope you liked it, suggestions are always welcome. Thanks for reading.
Also, I need a beta for a lot of my works, as I re read then I see just how many plot holes there are, so anyone interested to read my chapters before I publish them and tell me if anything needs change, please message me. Anyways, yeah. That's the chapter, if you want more Rosalie and Bella, go check out my other story, I'm Falling.
One last thing, when people say immediately after I post to update again, it makes me not want to update. So FYI please don't, unless its been like 3 months, then I can see someone asking for an update.

-Klutzy Stone Heart