Minor adjustments (13)

AJs POV

I blinked awake and swung my legs- leg, over the bed, and proceeded to attach my prosthetic to my stump. Which was about 3 inches long, by the way. They took the WHOLE thing off. I stumbled down the stairs to the kitchen. No one was there. my dad was at work, my mom was dropping my sister off at dance then going to a BBQ with some friends. Mia, my sister was staying the night at a friends and my dad was somewhere in Ontario.

I texted Kat but she didnt answer.

"Right." I thought out loud,

"She's practicing with the Boston bruins."

I texted jan, she replied almost immediately. It read

"Hey bæ! Wassap? Oh! Can I come over? I made you special amputee cupcakes!!"

That girl and her baking.

"Sure, I'm alone anyways. I think I'll need some help seeing as I haven't tried to poop alone..."

"Haha. See ya in ten... Ok twenty."

Bussing.

I laid down on the couch and pulled out my laptop, scrolling through tumblr. As an Internet person, I am a time traveller. I looked up after a couple minutes, and found it was actually 25 minutes later. Just then, I heard the doorbell ring. I stepped to the stairs when I felt a click in my prosthetic. Then it shifted, and then slipped right off. Clean off. I tried to catch myself, but couldn't. I thumped down the stairs, and stopped breathing. I gasped for breath but couldn't. I could see black spots forming in my eyes as I heard jan scream my name. Once again I saw her fist smash through the door, then her body stepped in. She laid down next to me and attempted to restart my breathing. Just then, I see destiny step up to the door.

I realized what she saw. Me on the floor, jan on top, lips pressed to mine.

Jans POV

That's what she saw. Des whipped around and stormed away. My thoughts swirled in my head.

"Your girlfriend! Go after her!"

"Stay here. AJ needs help."

"Explain!"

"Stay!"

"Explain!"

But I stayed. I told AJ I would die for her and that's what I'll do. Eventually, I got her breathing again, and lifted her up the stairs and on the couch. Don't even ask me why I didn't call an ambulance. I don't know.

As her breathing stabilized, I looked over to my phone to see one single text.

From Destiny.

Dear January. Go. Go be with Adria. Go spend your fairy tail ending with someone you actually love. And I have to admit, you had me fooled. But shame on me for my ignorance. Just in case you haven't got the message,

WE'RE THROUGH.

I texted back;

Destiny.

I can in fact explain. But if you're not a fair enough person to let me do so then I guess this is for the best of us. For the record, Adria and I are FRIENDS. And friends never turn their backs on each other. See you on the other side.

I looked back at Adria with tears brewing in my eyes. One escaped and fell right between her eyes. Her eyes flickered open and scanned the room, and fell on me.

"What?" She asked.

I smiled and explained. But I left out the whole des part.

Adria's POV

We sat down and turned on tangled. I cuddled into her and she pecked my forehead. I loved our friendship, neither of us found it awkward or anything when we cuddled, or forehead kisses, that was just friendly. Does that sound wierd? That sounds weird. But not to us.

We were just us.