The search is on (23)

Kats POV

I had called every single person that knew Adria, none of them had heard from her for days. I called the police eventually, tears rushing down my cheeks as I made the call. They were looking for her.

I hadn't spoken to jan since i left, I couldn't be the person to tell her it got serious.

••

Jan's POV

"Hey, January." I heard a voice say. I whipped around, relived to see it was only Clara.

"Clara! Are you doing my tests?"

She laughed and shook her head.

"Sorry, you know I specialize in surgery" Clara scolded me.

"Oh, sorry." I replied, upset that a close friend wasn't able to do this for me. Whatever it was.

"However, this is a close friend of mine Samantha. She will be doing your tests". Clara explained, and gestured to the young blonde girl standing next to her.

I hopped up on the table, and explained what had happened. I told her all about my headaches. Sam jotted down some notes. She did the routine tests for my eyes, Id done this before. She then decided I required a blood test and should stay until the tests came back.

••

Sam walked in the waiting room and called my name. She seemed on edge. I followed her into the room. Sam greeted me, opened the envelope, and got straight to the point.

"January. It seems as I suspected. Things do not look good. Your headaches and tests prove the fact that you have cancer in your left eye, and forming in your right eye. January, there is no way we can stop the spread without removing the problem."

I choked. I felt light headed and flustered.

"S-so you m-mean..." I couldn't emit my words.

Sam sighed.

"Yes. You must go blind."