Progression (15)

Kats POV

"Tukkaa! You should've got that one!" I yelled at the bruins goalie.

I don't like to brag, but I'm pretty good at hockey for a 16 year old.

"Id like to see you do better!" Tukkaa yelled back.

I smiled and grabbed a goalie stick. I wasn't at all a goalie. But I had a rep to keep! Tukkaa skated out of the net and took a puck and a regular stick. He pulled back, and hit probably the best hit I've ever seen. It came speeding towards my face, so I swished up my hand, the puck landed perfectly in the padding of the glove I'd borrowed. It took me a second to process what happened. Tukkaas eyes were wide as watermelons. He face palmed. I let out a roar of laughter.

"I just did!" I said.

"Now I gotta grab my rental car, I'm driving back to Canada today. See ya soon!"

Tukkaa recovered from his shock and planted a smirk on his lips.

"Anytime you wanna practice, Id love to have you."

I laughed.

"No seriously. You're quite welcome here. And who knows, maybe in a few years you'll have a place on the team and in the books for first female permanent player in the league..."

I nodded and rushed out of the stadium.

I stepped in the car, driving away from the place I want to be my whole life.

Best. Day. Ever.

••