Discovery (14)

AJs POV

My mind forgot about what had happened and focused on the movie. Just then jan stood up and walked to the kitchen.

I gave her a questioning look.

"Popcorn." She replied, as if she were reading my mind.

"Ohh..." I said.

Jan's phone buzzed angrily.

"Text from 'mom'." I informed her.

"Read it?" She asked.

I typed in her passcode to see another conversation. My name caught my eye and I read the text. It was from destiny...

"Jan.." I asked.

"Hm?" She asked, then obviously resizing what I must have seen.

I could see tears forming in her eyes she buried her face in her hands and sat down in the floor. I hopped over to her, using furniture to help me as I couldn't use my prosthetic until it was fixed.

I sat down next to her and stroked her arm. After she calmed down a bit I breathed in and said;

"Jan, why didn't you tell me?"

She pulled closer to me and replied:

"I didn't want you to feel responsible for it."

I then decided it would be a good time to put a skill of mine to use.

"Why don't you stay over tonight and we'll do some breakup mending."

She smiled

"I love you."

••

Jan's POV

It was 10 pm and we decided to start our therapy. I sat on AJs bed as she stepped in carrying a tray of cocoa and cookies.

"Step one." Declared AJ.

She handed me a tissue and a stuffed animal.

"Go ahead." She said.

As hard as I tried I couldn't hold in my sobs. It was my first breakup, ok?

After a minute or so of solid sobbing, we moved on.

"Step 2, excessive eating."

So I stuffed my face with cookies salty from my tears. Man that sounds depressing.

But the night went on like this, from exercise to cleaning to singing to meditation, but surprisingly enough it all worked. By the time morning came I completely forgot about yesterday.

But now it was my turn to help AJ, we went to get her prosthetic fixed. When the people asked us what happened I just said it slipped off while AJ was walking in the house. And better yet, it was free! Well, for us anyways. Have fun, insurance company...
••