Struggles (25)

AJs POV

I woke up in the morning, with a red and sore back from the tough sleeping arrangements. My routine bread was thrown at me, I ate it ravenously. But something unusual happened, I saw a gun. It fired.
••

Jan' POV

I'd been walking for the longest time. Nobody knew where she was. I walked around town calling her name, knocking on doors. nothing. My eyes ached, my face felt as if it were ready to fall off. But I walked. I walked for her. I walked because she meant the world to me, and I would never let her go. I walked through my pain for her. Because I loved her.

I hollered until my voice scratched with each syllable, her name making little sense is said it so many times. If not for my necklace I had picked out, the golden one with a compass, I would be completely lost. I walked until dark, the violet sky against the moon providing just enough light for me. It soon dawned upon me I had not eaten all day, and that I was starving. I sat down next to a small stream, and drank from it in silence. A small salmon caught my eye. I caught it swiftly with a stick lying next to the stream. Okay, after an hour of trying. I hit it on the head with a rock. I lit a small fire with the soggy match I found in the bottom of my pocket. Before I knew it, I was asleep.

••