Number Whatever (17)

Jan's POV

I looked down at my blue halter necked dress and sighed. Not everything in life was free, especially not clothing. I sat down on the little stool in front of my bedroom mirror and carefully applied eyeliner. Close to the eye, and down, and looped, and coloured in. It ended up being thin on the top and thick on the bottom, with a thick line and three dots at the bottom. Right eye only. She'd get it. I heard a honk at the front door and ran towards it. I opened the door to see that shiny black BMW I recognized. She stepped out of the car. A mint green loose dress sat on her shoulders and a black pendant around her neck.

I stared in awe.

"You look beautiful." I stuttered.

She blushed.

"No really, you look beautiful."

She walked up to me and pecked my lips, the took my hand and walked to the car. We had been driving in silence for a few minutes before AJ said anything.

"Your eye." She said.

"It's like Dess' from my book."

"I smiled.

"Thought you might notice."

••

I laughed and stirred my soup with the fancy spoon at the place we were eating. I tool another bite and wrapped my leg around AJs ankle. I had been getting plenty of strange looks from people for two reasons, one my eye makeup, and two, I was here with my girlfriend. People just can't seem to get their heads around that fact that some people actually are gay.

We ordered a chocolate cake after, which was Heaven by the way.

Any normal couple would then go home or watch a movie or something. But no, no we were not normal. At this point it was around 11 o clock, so it was dark. We drive to the lake, got out of the car and ran to the water. Without hesitation, we jumped in. I resurfaced laughing, and found Adria doing the same. Her mascara ran down her face and made her look even more beautiful. So I tackled her and brought her down.

In the end, we were shivering on the shore with sand in the hems of our dresses.

It was awesome.

••