Part 9

The next couple of weeks went by pretty quickly. Everyday Luke came to school early so that he could talk to Alice. They bonded and then they went to class. During lunch time, Alice usually sat with Ash and Cal but Luke always joined them, ignoring the uncomfortable stares from his supposed friends. After class Luke walked Alice home and spent most of his afternoons in her room just talking and sometimes even studying. Ash and Cal joined them a couple of times, but they didn't stay longer then a couple of hours, so Luke and Alice had their alone time. Ashton hated the routine, because it had so much time reserved for only Luke and Ali and he did not trust Luke one bit. Alice seemed to be growing very dependent on him and Ash wasn't just going to sit around and watch his best friend's girlfriend or ex girlfriend (now that Mike was dead) get hurt by some asshole named Luke. As two months passed, March was ending and Alice's birthday was coming up. She did not want a party yet somehow Luke, Cal and Ash managed to convince her to have one. And all tho she wasn't popular, everyone wanted to come. Partly because they felt bad for her and partly because she was loaded and the party was going to be amazing.

"So what do you want me to get you for your birthday?"

Luke asked as he threw himself onto Alice's bed.

"Nothing please. I don't like getting gifts. I have everything I want and I just feel bad if I get anything more."

Luke rolled his eyes. He could have predicted that answer. He got to know Alice very well over the two months and he knew what she would answer. But luckily, he already had a birthday gift picked out so he wasn't worrying too much about it.

"Whatever so about the party."

"Do I have to have it?"

Luke laughed and pulled Alice onto his lap.

"Cal would flip if you canceled and also, why on earth wouldn't you want a party?"

"I don't want to celebrate the day I was born all that much."

The words made Luke shiver. Since they started hanging out, Luke helped Alice a lot with her self harming and eating disorder. And she even had less self destructive and suicidal thoughts. But as much as Luke wanted it, he couldn't make the problems just go away. But she didn't say thing like that a lot so whenever she did, Luke shivered.

"I want to celebrate the day you were born cause you are an amazing human being and you deserve to live. Repeat this."

Alice shook her head. Repeating after him was so stupid but she didn't have much of a choice. She was basically trapped in Luke's lap so she said the words Luke was feeding to her.

"I am an amazing human being and I deserve to live."

~flashback~

"Mikey this is so stupid. Don't do this. Come on."

Alice was pleading Michael to not do what he was about to do but he didn't listen. He just really wanted to surprise her for her birthday.

"One more second and I'll be all done."

"I told you I didn't want anything for my birthday."

"Too bad."

Alice sighted and fell back on the couch in her room. Michael was acting really shady and she knew he was about to make her birthday special. Somehow he always made her feel special.

"Okay I'm coming in."

He opened the door and Alice just looked at him in confusion. He looked normal except for the weird happy birthday hat he was wearing and a guitar.

"What are you doing Mikey?"

Michael's mouth grew into a huge smile.

"Showing you how special and perfect you are."

He sat down on a chair in front of Alice and began playing some chords on the guitar.

"Michael I don't-"

Before Alice was able to tell him that she didn't understand what was going on, Michael began singing. She never heard him sing before. She heard him play guitar but never sing. He said he doesn't know how to. The cords were played so softly and Michael's voice was just pure perfection and Alice just couldn't believe how amazing Michael was. He showed her that he loved her everyday and he was just too perfect to be real. He sang a sweet melody and Alice's eyes began to water. He was just so caring.

Alice listened to the song and when he was done she threw herself in his lap and kissed him what seemed like a million times.

"I love you Michael."

"I love you more Ali. And you are an amazing human being that deserves to live."

His green eyes started to water, as she kissed him over and over and over again.

"Happy birthday love."

~end of flashback~

"Well I'm happy we agree on that. Now Cal and Ash are going to be here any second and I don't want any trouble with either so you're gonna have to stop sitting in my lap."

Alice laughed and that was exactly what Luke was trying to achieve. He loved the sound of her laugh. It was just so pure and perfect and Luke knew he wasn't supposed to, but he really liked Alice. In more then just a friend way. He tried suppressing his feelings but every time she smiled is heart just felt like it was going to explode and every time she hugged him he never wanted to let her go ever again. He wanted to make all her problems disappear and just let her be happy. She has been sad for way too long and Luke was going to do right about everything to make her happy.

Alice moved onto the floor and soon enough Cal and Ash showed up, boh carrying big bags filled with birthday decorations.

"Let's get started then shall we?"

Calum said as he flipped over his bag and let all the decorations fill Alice's bedroom floor. Alice sighted, seeing they weren't going to change their minds. Ashton did the same thing Calum did and Luke, Luke just stared at how perfect Alice was. He knew he wasn't supposed to feel that way. And he even told Ashton he wasn't trying to make her fall in love with him but there was something about her that just made it impossible for Luke to stop thinking about her. He could feel himself falling more and more in love with the broken girl all tho he knew her heart will forever belong to her dead boyfriend.