Part 30

School started in a day and Alice was sitting in her room, writing songs. She wrote many before but all of them nearly scraped the surface of her emotions and she wanted this one to truly be from the heart. She though about what inspired her most and the clear as day picture of Mike and Luke showed up. So she took her guitar and played a few chords then she pressed play on her phone to record whatever was going to happen when words just started pouring out of her along with the chords.

Oh, tell me what we're fighting for
This turned into an all-out war
I'll find a way to fix these broken pieces and let go
I'm trying to find our way back home
If it takes until we're skin and bones
I'll find a way to fix these broken pieces and let go
Let go, let go
Fix these broken pieces and let go

The song was deeper to Alice then just a heartbreak and you could read between the lines if you knew the story. Oh, tell me what we're fighting for was pointing at the feeling Alice had about life before everything in tha past year went down. This turned into an all-out war meant that not only was she depressed, she was also fighting a huge war between living and killing herself all the time. I'll find a way to fix these broken pieces and let go was really about how broken she was before everything and how she told everyone she was getting better when in reality, that was not the case. I'm trying to find our way back home was the first line that referred to post Luke's death feeling and it meant how Alice was trying to find a way back home, home meaning emotional stability and happiness. If it takes until we're skin and bones meant that she was going to do whatever it took to find a way back home aka that she was going to go as far as necessary to fix herself becaus she now felt responsible for the death of two of her loved ones. I'll find a way to fix these broken pieces and let go the second time this line repeated, it was pointing at the pieces Luke's death left in her and the lines before really showed that she wanted to fix herself. Let go, let go was pretty self explanatory and meant ice wanted to let go of the pain but also to let go of the guilt she felt. Fix these broken pieces and let go then the last line meant that she wanted to fix herself and let go of her old ways, old way of thinking and everything that let her into the position where she lost people she loved.

She sent the video to Ashton and Calum and before she knew it, one of them posted it on YouTube and she became overnight famous. Of course, naturally, everyone thought it was a beautiful song about a break up and just a handful of people actually knew what it was about. 

As the Spenteber 1st arrived, Alice was picked up by Calum and Ashton and they drove to campus together. Alive still didn't figure if she wanted to live on campus or not but for now, she was happy where she was and that was with her aunt.

"Excited pumpkin?"

Calum asked Alice and she nodded. Then Ashton looked at her.

"You okay?"

It took a second for Alice to think about that. Was she okay? She was on her was to the collegue Mike wanted to go to exactly one year after Luke died. Ashton noticed the look Alice had and he quickly took her hand which caused her to wake up get out of her head.

"It's okay to not be okay Alice. Remeber that."

He gave her a supportive smile and Alice nodded. That was what Mike always told her and it was true. If you admit to yourself that you aren't all right you can find a way to help yourself but if yo don't, then it starts killing you inside out. And that was what happened to Luke more or less.

They arrived at campus and the weirdest thing was, some people knew who Alice was because of her viral video. It was way more attention then Alice was hoping on getting but Ashton and Calum made it all better.

"You're gonna be okay?"

Alice nodded and let Calum out of her hug.

"If you need me, call."

Then he smiled and ran after one girl he had his eyes on. That left Alice alone with Ashton.

"I know this all insane but I'm happy you're here."

"I'm happy I'm here too."

Alice smiled but Ashton remained serious.

"I'm serious Ali. You overcame so many things in this past year and I couldn't be happier for you. It cost a lot but I think it was worth it and don't fight me on this. You know that I would chose you over anyone. You're like my little sister and I can't stand the thought of you not being here so actually seeing you here, on Michael's dream campus, preparing for your first ever day at college, it makes me happy even if it's a genuinely sad day."

Alice looked into his eyes and smiled. She said nothing more. She only hugged him and as she did so, he kissed the top of her head and she could feel her eyes water. Ashton really was like her brother ever since the day they met. And she lived him like one too.

"See ya soon kiddo."

Aston said and walked after Calum while Alice walked to her first ever class in college.