Part 10

Much to Alice's not wanting, she and the guys brainstormed a party in no time so they all started sending out invitations. They all posted it on their Instagram stories and right about everywhere else to insure people will come. And even if they wouldn't do that people would still come because Calum already invited the whole school during lunch the day before. After it was all done, Calum and Alice put away the decorations and Luke and Ashton awkwardly waited for them in Alice's room. The air was still tensed between them but Ashton slowly began to tolerate Luke because he seemed to make Ali happy and that was currently all Ashton was concerned about. And as long as Ali and Luke stayed just friends, he didn't have a problem. And he thought Luke didn't have a problem with that either. But he was terribly wrong. Luke was fighting an inner battle to not show any signs of how much he liked Ali. Which was hard considering he liked her like crazy a lot.

Alice and Calum soon returned and Ashton and Calum left. They always left and came together because a) Calum was Ashton's drive and b) because they lived very close together. So as soon as they left Alice threw herself on the bed, and put her head in Luke's lap. She did that every day so it was something normal.

"I am actually getting excited for tomorrow."

Alice said smiling, thinking of the party she was hosting. Luke smiled at her.

"I told you you're gonna love the idea once it's done."

She playfully punched him and sat up.

"Yeah right smart ass."

Luke laughed and then the room went silent.

"So I should get going."

"You can stay if you want to."

That was the first time Alice ever asked Luke to stay the night. At first, Luke wasn't sure what to say but Alice seemed like she really wanted him there so he gave in. She jumped onto him and hugged him real tight to show him she really appreciates it. He hugged her back and then they sat on the bed and talked about music some more. They knew about each others favorite style of music, favorite artists, favorite dead artists, favorite songs, favorite lyrics...They basically knew everything and yet music was still their favorite thing to talk about. 

Some time passed and it was time to go to sleep.

"So do you have anything I can borrow to sleep in?"

Luke said looking around the room and then mentally killed himself because he knew that if she had anything, it was Michael's. Alice's face turned black for a moment but she exhaled and walked over to a drawer. She pulled out a black T shirt and some sweatpants and threw them to Luke. He looked at the clothes and then back at Alice. She nodded, knowing that he was wondering if they were Michael's.

"You sure this is okay? I mean it's-"

She cut him off.

"It's fine. I have more and whatever. These are just clothes right?"

It sounded more like she needed a confirmation then that she was trying to convince Luke to put them on. He sighted and went to the bathroom to change. In the mean time, Alice changed into one of Michael's hoodies she slept in and shorts and covered herself with blankets. Luke walked out of the bathroom and awkwardly sat on the side of the bed. He half expected Alice to tell him he can sleep on the couch or in the room next door but she just motioned him to get in bed next to her. His heart filled with joy but he tried not overthinking it. They were friends. More like best friends at this point and she was just being friendly like friends are to one another. Luke kept telling himself that as he got under the covers, but his heart still pounded a million miles per hour. Alice turned off the lights and put her head on Luke's chest, not knowing what that did to his heart. She took a deep breath and all tho Luke had his own scent, she could still smell Michael on the clothes Luke was wearing. A tear rolled down her cheek as she fell asleep.

Luke on the other hand, couldn't fall asleep no matter what he tried. His heart did not want to stop beating like crazy no matter what. It was hopeless and when he finally gave up on trying at 5am, the sleep came over him.

In the morning, they were both awakened by the sound of someone who rang the doorbell like a lunatic. Alice reluctantly got out of bed and walked to the door. As soon as she opened them, confetti were thrown all over her and Calum and Ashton started hugging her and wishing her happy 18th birthday. It took all Alice's will power to not shout at them for making her wake up as she invited the lunatics into the house. They both headed straight to her room where they stopped and stared at Luke, still sleeping in the bed.

"What the hell is he doing here Ali?"

"And are those Mike's clothes?"

Alice received judgemental faces from both of them but she just brushed them off as she walked towards Luke and shook him a bit so that he woke up. The first thing Luke saw as he woke up were the hating stares Ashton and Calum were giving him.

"We didn't sleep together if that's why you're looking at me like that. At least not the way you two mean."

The boys didn't seem convinced but Alice assured them, they were just friends.

"Just like Mike and I were at the begging remember?"

"Yeah until one night when you two were more then just friends."

Ashton reminded her and Alice blushed.

"Whatever we have a lot of work to do so let's get started."

Calum eased up the air as the five started getting ready for the party. They were decorating the house and Luke went to pick up some liquor so that the party would really came to life.  As soon as he was back he pulled Alice aside.

"Happy 18th birthday Alice. I know I have only known you for just a couple of moths but I wanted you to know that you mean very much to me. That is why I got you these."

He took two concert tickets out of his pocket and Alice almost exploded from happiness. They were concert tickest for her forever favorite band- Fall out boy.

"I got you two so that you can take whoever you want with you."

Alice jumped into his lap and kissed his cheek about a million times before just hugging him tightly. Ashton and Calum just watched as the scene unfolded in front of them. Now even Calum started doubting Luke had no feelings for Alice. It all seemed a bit much for a friendship. And not to be mistaken, he liked Luke and he liked Alice and even the thought of them together didn't bother him. It was just the timing. Alice was still so broken over Michael and Luke diffidently had some of his own issues he needed to solve and Calum knew that if they got together, it would end in tears and heartbreak and Alice would lose yet another guy she loved and Calum wasn't sure if she would be able to handle heartbreak again. Even if that time the guy she loved would still be alive. Ashton on the other hand just didn't like the thought of Luke and Ali being together. He still didn't trust Luke because of what happened to Michael but he was starting to like the guy. Now seeing that, Ashton was back at square one. Hating Luke's gut.