Part 25

School started and Alice was not even a little excited for it. The first day of school just brought too much pain. It reminded her of a year ago when Mike picked her up on his motorcycle and they were late for school because he wanted to make out with her for so long. That made the first day of school that year amazing. Michael and Ashton and Calum. And this year, none of them was there and Alice was all alone.

Alice exhaled deeply as she started her 20 min walk to school. Days before she said her goodbyes with Ashton and calum and they both told her that they are just a phone call away so that made Alice feel a hit better. Ashton also said that she has to call him first if anything happens and all tho Alice promised him that, she knew Luke was probably going to be her first call. She couldn't help herself. She loved him even tho he hurt her more then anyone ever.

Luke woke up in Crystal's bed and he couldn't remeber a thing from the night before, but judging from a massive headache, he was very drunk. He slowly got out of the too familiar bed and got dressed.

"Hey Lukey,"

Luke felt arms around his waist and Crystal put her head on his shoulder.

"Morning Crystal."

He turned around and they kissed then Crystal smiled.

"Where are you going?"

"School baby."

"Oh right...you're still a kiddo."

She laughed and Luke punched her playfully.

"Shut up."

She kissed him and put on one of his shirts.

"I'll see you after school right?"

"Of course. Where else would I go?"

Crystal looked at the floor and bit her lip.

"Crystal...don't go there. I'm not going to talk to her."

She nodded still not sure.

"But you're in love with her..."

"Maybe but I am here with you aren't I? I know you're better for me. Alice is shellfish and needy and you're..."

He kissed her and picked her up and carried her to the bed.

"You're just amazing."

Crystal smiled and kissed him before standing up from he bed.

"You're amazing too Lukey. See ya after school."

Luke took his bag and gave her a quick kiss before walking to school.

In school Crystal sat to the back row. She hasn't felt that lonely in years. Even if Mike wasn't her schoolmate he always walked her to class and he spent every break with her and after his death Luke was always there because he was her schoolmate. Now, she was all alone. Luke and her weren't friends, Mike was dead and Ash and Cal were hundreds of  miles away. So Alice just sat there. All alone waiting for class to start.

Luke walked into school a minute before it started. He walked into class and saw the only empty sit was next to Alice. He rolled his eyes and sat down next to her. She smiled.

"Hey Luke."

He looked at her.

"Hey."

Then he looked away and didn't day a word. Alice didn't understand the coldness. When thay talked he seemed  to understand why she did what she did and they even said they will be okay in school and that was definitely not okay.

"What's wrong?"

Alice asked and put her hand on Luke's. He  flinched and moved his hand away.

"Nothing."

Alice looked at him confused.

"What did I do to you? We said we were going to be like normal classmates."

"This is how I act towards random people I have no personal attachment to."

Luke replied coldly. He hurt himself saying that but Crystal showed him how selfish Alice was and that this was the right thing to do. Alice looked at him shook and her eyes started to water. She was surprised how coldly and casually Luke told her that. But that was true and she couldn't deny it. It was the was Luke acted towards everyone he didn't care about. But the thing that hurt Alice the most was the fact how easily Luke got over her. It only took him less then two weeks so his feeling towards her had fo be very shallow and that broke her heart.

Class ended and Alice hurried home. She never wanted to be home but this time she couldn't stand school environment. She locked herself in her room and started crying her eyes out.

As class ended Luke walked over to Crystal's house and he saw a party has already started. He opened the door with the key Crystal gave him and was welcomed by a very drunk Candy smiling at him.

"Lukeeeeeeey."

She ran over to him and hugged him and Luke hugged her back surprised. He didn't expect everyone to be so drunk at 3 in the afternoon. Crystal walked up to him and kissed him which made Candy roll her eyes and leave.

"Hey Lukey how was school?"

"Okay...what te hell is going on here?"

"Its a little 'schools back on' party for you."

Luke smiled fakely. He did not want a party. He just wanted to talk to Crystal about what happened with Alice and he couldn't do that if she was drunk.

"Come on. You're the guest of honor."

She took his hand and dragged him into the crowded room full of drunk people.

"Lukey is here!!"

They all cheered and took a shot along with Luke. He thought if he couldn't talk to her becaus she was drunk and he wasn't, the next best thing was to get as drunk and as high as possible to forget everything.

Alice on the other hand, cried in her room and all of her dark thoughts came crawling back. All of the self destructive and self hating ones that were locked away somewhere in her brain came back because of Luke. If there was one thing Alice couldn't handle at all, it was the feeling of loneliness. She was able to be alone as long as she didn't feel lonely because when she felt lonely, all of the demons decided to keep her company and she was scared to death about that.