Part 28

As Alice awoken there was some massive confusion going on. Number one, she was still alive by some miracle and number two, her aunt was sitting in the chair next to her bed. Soon doctors clarified number one and her aunt explained number two. Number one was way too medically complicated for Alice to fathom and number two was actually making her feel better. Her aunt told her that she heard what happened because she was just visiting the town and she almost had a heart attack when she heard it. She also had no idea it happened before which made her want to be Alice's legal guardian. Thenically she was 18 years old and could be treated like an adult but her aunt still wanted to and if there was one thing Alice wanted, it was to get away from her parent. Her aunt (Sofia) immediately got started on the legal prospect of it all but since Alice's parent aucoed and parenting her, thing weren't going to be that hard and they will not be related to Alice on paper at all in less then a week. Sofia was a lawyer so that made it all much easier.

"Aunt Sofia?"

Alice's voice was still week since she had been in a coma for days.

Sofia turned around and looked at Alice.

"What is it Ali?"

"Has anyone been here to visit?"

Alice was of course thinking of Luke. She hoped he was here all tho he hurt her, she hoped he still cared enough to make sure she was okay.

"Two of your friends, Ashton and Calum I think they are called, stop by every day after they finish school. They actually spent three days sleeping on benches all around the hospital until I told them I'll call when you wake up. They still came by every day tho, but at least they go to school."

Alice smiled weakly. Ashton and Calum were the only two people beside Luke, Alice actually cared about and them being to thoughtful just made her realize how much she owed them.

"Anyone else?"

Sofia bit her lower lip and lowered her eyes.

"Alice I believe I know what you want to hear. Calum filled me in on the boy you liked...Luke?"

Alice noticed the careful and sad tone in her voice.

"What is it?"

Sofia didn't make eye contact with Alice, which made Alice even more worried.

"Aunt Sofie? What happened to Luke?"

Sofia stepped closer to the bed and took Alice's hand. She finally looked into her eyes and Alice noticed tears in them.

"Luke is dead Ali."

That's when Alice thought her whole world was going to crash. She suddenly felt a huge burden on her chest and she was unable to speak. The machine wired to her chest started beeping faster and faster and immediately the whole room was filled with doctors and nurses all screaming things. The only thing Alice got out of it was that she was having a heart attack because of a massive panic attack. It wouldn't happen normally but she was on medice that made it more likely to happen in case if she had a panick attack. And she was having it. Soon everything went black again.

Couple of days later, Alice woke up again. Now she was in a different room and there were Sofia, Ashton and Calum all looking at her and holding her hand.

"Ali? O my God you're awake."

Ashton sighted in relief. Calum smiled at her and her aunt squeezed her hand.

"I'm gonna leave you all alone now that I know you're okay Ali."

She smiled at her and left the room to make some necessary arrangements in order to basically adopt her niece and take the care giver right away from her parent.