Epilogue

Time passed and soon it was December. The month of happines to most, but a painful month to Alice. It marked 2 years since the love of her life died in a car accident and all tho Alice's mental state was stable, that still hurt like hell. Michael died on 15th of December 2016 and on that same date, two years later, 5 seconds of summer had their first show ever. Because of Alice's overnight internet success, the band managed to gain quite a lot of attention and followers before they ever played an actual show.

"You nervous Alice?"

Ashton was spinning his drumsticks as they were waiting to perform. It was a sold out show that consisted of 350 people which was amazing for a first show ever.

"Not as nervous as you are apparently."

Calum answered instead of her, laughing at Ashton. Ashton was always the calm one and seeing him burst out in nerves like that was amusing to Calum. And while Ashton and Calum had their little stand off of throwing snarky comments to each other, Alice got lost in thoughts. In memories to be exact.

~flashback~

Alice and Luke were sitting in Luke's room and Luke was teaching her guitar like so many nights before.

"I'm not good enough for this."

Alice sighted and put down the guitar. That made Luke jump to her immediately.

"Bullshit Alice."

She looked up to him and met his blue eyes. They were practically shooting through her.

"You are talented and I don't give a fuck how many times I'm gonna have to repeat that in order for you to get it but you are. You have an amazing talent and the only thing you need to do is believe in yourself."

Alice looked down and her eyes watered. She couldn't believe in herself.

"But I can't."

Luke felt a rush of pain flow through him. He put his hands on her cheeks and lifted it up a notch so he was able to see her green eyes that were filled with tears.

"Listen to me Alice and listen to me carefully. I have read the songs you wrote and I have heard you sing them and I honestly can't tell you when was the last time I heard something as beautiful. I know you're scared of what people might say but you really shouldn't be. Your voice makes me want to listen to you every waking moment and the lyrics you write touch parts of me I didn't even know I had. Now I know you don't believe in yourself but believe me. The talent you have is rare and you should share it with people."

Alice looked into his eyes as he slowly combined their lips. After the kiss he held her head in his hands just for a little longer, to tell her something she had only heard once before.

"The hardest part about preforming, is going on stage. And when you achieve that, you're unstoppable. You just have to believe in yourself and let the music speak for itself."

~end of flashbak~

~flashback~

Beautiful sound of Michael's voice was filling up Alice's room. He was playing her a song he wrote for her and she was literally melting right there.

"That was the most beautiful thing I have even heard Mikey."

He walked up to her and kissed her.

"Well I had the most beautiful inspiration."

Alice blushed and Michael kissed her again. The way her cheeks coloured that gentle red colour and the way she dropped her look everytime he complimented her because she didn't believe him, only made him love her more. It only made him want to show her how amazing and beautiful she was more.

"Ali what would you say if I asked you to perform on stage with me?"

Alice's eyes widened and panic took over her.

"I-i can't Mikey. You know I can't."

She started rambling and Michael shut her up with a kiss.

"Okay, okay I just asked."

Alice was genuinely confused.

"Why would ask such a thing?"

Michael's green eyes met hers and no matter how much she wanted him to, he didn't move his eyes from hers.

"Because if music is a language you understand it perfectly and if lyrics are an ancient writing, you read it like it was nothing. You are talented beyond your understanding and I just wanted to ask if you are ready to share it with the world yet."

Alice blushed big time but Michael didn't let her look away.

"You know I love you and you know I'll do anything and everything for you but you have to love yourself too. You have to believe in yourself."

"Mike...I can't sing in front of people I don't know. Or even if I do know them, my lyrics and my songs are way to personal. And even if they weren't, what if the people wouldn't like me or would think I'm not talented or would hate on me or-"

Once again Michael cut her off with a kiss.

"I'm not pushing you to do anything, I was just putting it out there Ali. Don't worry. There will be day when you'll be ready."

Alice sighted in slight relief but she noticed Mike still wanted to say something. She moved closer to her and just before he pressed his lips onto hers again, he said the thing that imprinted in Alice's memory like a burning stick.

"The hardest part about preforming, is going on stage. And when you achieve that, you're unstoppable. You just have to believe in yourself  and let the music speak for itself."

~end of flashback ~

"Earth to Alice. Were on in a minute."

Ashton's voice woke her up from the sweet memories. She exhaled and stood up. Just as the crowd started cheering them on and both Ashton and Calum have already left on stage, Alice could feel the rush in her veins. It was like both Luke's and Michael's love for music was flowing through her and she knew she was about to live their dreams. She wanted to do her best not just for herself or for fans but for them. For the boys that gave her so much to remeber. For the boys that fixed her life. For the boys that died loving her. The last thing she thought about, before going on stage was Michael's breath on her lips as he told her the words Luke then said to her too.

Alice exhaled and walked on stage but just before that, she said one last thing before living the dream of not just her.

"The hardest part about preforming, is going on stage. And when you achieve that, you're unstoppable. I just have to believe in myself and let the music speak for itself."