Chapter 12: A Ray of Hope

Aditya was in dilemma, whether he should go and talk to her or not. He was pacing through, in his cabin, with frustration. Finally, he made up his mind and went straight up to her cabin. Outside her cabin again, he hesitated for minute. Her cabin door was wide open and he saw her working on something rigorously. He got an idea and dropped his phone. She looked up what's noise was that, while he bends down to pick his phone.

"Oh! Aditya, are you..." she didn't know what to say. Aditya said, "Hi, sorry... I... I didn't mean to... trouble you... I... I was... in a hurry... to... a... client's meeting... and dropped my phone... sorry again to disturb you..." Zoya said, "Oh! Hi! Sorry... It's okay... you didn't actually disturb me... a few last moment works... Aditya... why don't you come in... It's been long time we hadn't seen each other", she said and thought to herself, "It's been 44 days and 12 hrs completed". He went inside and sat on the chair opposite to her.

"True that, quite a long time, you were busy in your work and I have been busy my usual meetings and con calls", he replied and thought to himself, "Just 44 days and 12 hrs".

"Or... How are you?" Aditya asked her. "Huh? Fine... I'm fine..." she said tucking her loose strands of hair behind her ear and asked, "How are you?" "Oh... me... ahem... I'm good... yeah... I'm good", he said looking at the floor and rotating his phone between his hands.

"Aditya, you said you were in a hurry to a client meeting?" she asked. "Yeah... No..." he said ambiguously. She looked at him confusingly. He scratched his temple with his thumb and keeping his pointing finger in middle of his eyebrows and looking down on the floor, "Ahem... Huh... Ummm..." then managed to say, "Prem sir... Prem sir told me that you're going on two weeks leave for wedding. So I thought let me congratulate you". He then looked at her, raised his hand in mid air and said, "Congratulations... and convey... my wishes to... Riyaz too..." he added with a heavy heart.

"Oh! That's so nice of you, but how you know about Riyaz?", before Aditya could come up with an excuse, "Ohh!! Arjun told you about Riyaz. You really don't know how much this means to me. I'll definitely convey your wishes to him. Actually, why don't you come to the wedding and wish him directly. He'll be happy, if you come to the wedding. One sec..." she didn't let him to talk. She immediately searched her desk draw and pulled out a wedding card and write Mr. Aditya Hooda and gave it to him, "Here is, the Wedding Invitation. Please do come we all will be very much glad, if you come", she said.

He took the card from her without even looking at it and said, "I'll try to come, you know I'm always kind of busy with my meetings and con calls. I don't want to give false hope too, but I'll definitely try", he stood and said, "Okay, once again, Congratulations!!" Zoya was looking confused and scratching her forehead. He then turned to leave and while leaving he looked at the card.

On top of the card, wedding invite of was mentioned and in the middle "R" on top of heart and "Z" at the bottom. His heart ruptured, on seeing the symbol, he dropped the card because of the sudden pain he felt. The card fell on the floor wide open facing down, he picked it up and turned to close it forever in his life, just then, he noticed the something. His face turned confused for few seconds, he read the bride's name and to confirm that he is seeing correct name only, he blinked thrice. His face turned bright from confusion, his heart felt that peace again, the same peace, when he realised his love for Zoya. He, once again, see the card to make sure, it says, Riyaz weds Zara!! Immediately he turned back to Zoya and asked her with a smile, "Hey Zoya! Who's Zara?"

"Zara is Riyaz's Girl Friend and they're going to get married next week, Why you don't know that?" she asked him confused.

"Actually I thought Riyaz is your Boy Friend and you're going to get married", he said scratching his back head. "Actually, scratch that I said that to you", he added sheepishly.