Chapter 16: I Own You

Someone in the mic announced, "Ms. Zoya Siddiqui to perform a song for the newly wedded couples". Aditya looked at the stage where light music set up was arranged. She thanked the announcer and said something to the crew, they all nodded in agreement. She took the mic from its stand and said, "Congratulations, Riyaz and Zara, Have a happy married life and this song is for you". Riyaz scream on top of his lungs, "Way to go, Zoya. Come on, everyone cheer up for Zoya". Everyone screamed "Wooohhoooo" along with Riyaz including Aditya.

Zoya started to sing, "Maana ke hum Yaar nahi" after the cheer up faded. Aditya is mesmerised with her voice and the song. He was looking at her without blinking. He didn't move his eyes, not even for a second till she finishes the song. Zoya is looking at Aditya, at some point, while singing and when she finishes, she looked at him and smiled. He smiled back.

Aditya didn't notice Arjun who is standing next to him for a while. Arjun whispered to him while Aditya's eyes fixed on her, "Bhai... you can't escape this time. You have to agree that you're in love with Zoya. I can see that now and you couldn't take your eyes off her", and startled him. Aditya turned around to see Arjun and dumbfounded. "I... I... I'm not... looking at... her..." while saying he searched for Zoya and found her near Riyaz and Zara. He sighed and looked at Arjun embarrassed.

He released a long breath again and asked, "What you want to know? That, am I in love with Zoya?" Before Arjun could answer, "Yes, I love Zoya. I don't know, how and when? But, it happened", he said. "I know you're a close friend to her, but, don't say anything to her about this. I need to know what she thinks of me and does she feels the same way about me before I say what I feel about her?" he added.

Arjun hugs Aditya and said, "Bhai, I'm so happy for you. Finally, you found your love. I don't know, whether now she loves you or not but I have a gut feeling that she will love you too. Noor, her sister, told me that Zoya talks about you all the time and she felt that it is more than something and she feels that Zoya might be in love with you". Aditya's face brightens and hugs Arjun again. While leaving, Aditya turned and ask, "Noor, Zoya's sister? How you know her?" Arjun blabbered, "Ahhh... That's a... long story... Bhai... another time..." Aditya smiled at Arjun and walked towards Zoya.

***

Noor, who is trying to get Zoya alone, finally found her near Riyaz and Zara, after her tremendous performance. She hurried to her and said, "Appi... I need to talk to you... can you please come with me?" Zoya look at her and asked, "Now? What you want to talk to me?" "Please Appi, come with me", Noor pulled her. "Riyaz... I'll just come in a minute", Zoya said to Riyaz while Noor dragged her along with her.

Aditya, who intended to do the same with Zoya looked at Noor and released one more long breath before he retreated to his old place.

"Noor... Where are you taking me? What is that you want to talk me right now?" Zoya asked her. But Noor didn't answer to any of the question, just pulled Zoya along with her to one of the room. When they were in, she locked the door from inside.

"Noor, why are you locking that door? What are you doing?" Zoya asked her sister with confusion. Noor calmly turn around and said, "Appi, I want to talk to you about someone and I don't want anyone to know about it". Zoya still looked at her with confusion and raised her eyebrow in question. "Arjun..." Noor called and Arjun comes out from behind the dress rack. "Arjun... You... What are you doing here?" Zoya asked him with shock. Before Arjun could answer Noor steps in between them and said, "Appi, I wanted to talk to you about him only. We both met in US while studying in college, 1 year ago and we both have fallen in love with each other. His brother, Aditya, doesn't know about this and we want your help in saying this to him. Arjun is scared to say about our love to him because of some incident happened in the past to him. Will you help us, Appi?"