Chapter 27: Baby Steps

On 29th Dec night, Zoya was packed and ready to leave for Delhi. Aditya has told her, that he'll pick her up by 8.00 pm to the airport. She has met Ash in between while she was in office after her exams. Though she didn't like her fully, Zoya felt she is a good person from heart.

Today, Ash is also accompanying them to Delhi to see her Grand Mother. She has to tolerate Ash for next 5 and half an hour after that it'll be Aditya and her.

She heard the horn at her gate and after a while a knock on the door. She opened the door to Aditya and his driver. He asked the driver to take the luggage and keep it in boot. He asked, "Is everything ready, shall we leave?" She nodded and looked around one time to check whether she left anything. Once she was sure that nothing is left back. She locked the door and put the keys in her purse.

Aditya opened the back door for her and Zoya noticed that Ash was sitting in passenger seat. Once he closed the door for her, he opened the other side and sat next to Zoya. "Hey Zoya", Ash said.

"Hey Ash", Zoya said with frown. Aditya asked the driver to move to the airport. No one talk during the journey to the airport. Aditya was busy with his phone and Zoya was listening to the music in her phone. Ash was talking something to the driver.

"Wow... that's quite a distance Aditya", Ash said when they reached the airport by 9.30 pm. They all checked in and took the boarding pass. While waiting for the flight, Aditya bought coffee for all them.

They heard the call for Delhi flight and moved to their departure gate. In the flight, Ash took the window seat and Aditya asked Zoya take the middle and he seated on Aisle.

After the dinner, Zoya felt sleepy and she closed her eyes to sleep and she didn't know when she fell asleep on his shoulders. Aditya slid down so that she can sleep comfortably otherwise she'll end waking up with neck pain. Ash shook her head and whispered, "Damn! Rain in your forest, huh?" Aditya sshhed her and closed his eyes to sleep.

He woke her up when they reached Delhi. Just then, she realised that she slept on his shoulders throughout the journey. She doesn't know what to say so she pretended that she didn't know anything.

Ash took a cab and left once they were outside. Aditya hired a cab to the Novotel New Delhi Aerocity. He has already booked 2 rooms next to each other. He said his name in the reception and collected the keys. He hand over one to Zoya and said, "Okay... Have a good night sleep. I'll meet you in the morning for break fast and we need to head to the meeting by 9.00 am".

She nodded and said, "Good night, Aditya". They both departed to their rooms.

                                        ***

Harshawardan paced up and down in his living room. Victor came to him and asked, "Sir, would like to have some coffee or tea?"

He stopped then looked at Victor and screamed, "Victor, what do you think? Does it look like I'm having a kitty party over here? Get the hell out of here".

"Sorry sir", Victor murmured and went back inside. Again, Harshawardan dialled Aditya's number but he didn't answer his call. "Come on, Cheeku. Please answer my call dammit", he screamed at the phone.

He tried again and again, but he didn't answer the call. In anger, he throws the phone away and sat in the couch with hand in his head. After few minutes, he phone started to ring. He hurried to the area where he has thrown it off. He found his phone near the decorated vase which Anjana Hooda bought from Rome.

It was from Aditya's office, Harshawardan answered the phone in a hurry. "Hello dad, how are you?" Arjun asked from other side. "Arjun, I thought... I thought... it was..." he trailed off. "You thought it was Bhai!" he asked. "Hmmm..." Harsh said in low tone.