Chapter 26: Mending Hearts

Once he was in the car to Zoya's house, he called Arjun, "Chotte, what happened to Zoya? Did you see her? Is she alright?" he stacked questions after questions. "Bhai, I went to see her. She said she is feeling better now", Arjun said. "But what happened at first?" he asked. "She said after her exam she felt nausea and tired. Her phone was dead so she couldn't inform. She said may be she was not feeling well because of exam and she was so stressed out. I think if she takes some rest, she'll be fine", he said.

Without saying another word Aditya disconnected the call and stepped on the pedal. He reached her house and rang the bell as no one responded. He took the spare key from under the flower pot and unlocked the door. 

When he got inside the house, he found her sleeping on the couch. He went near her and he could see that her light was not there in her face. She was worn out and she looked so fragile. He found the traces of tears in her cheeks and few strands of hair stick to her face.

He moved the strands of hair to the back of her ears softly. Then he tapped on her shoulder, "Zoya... Zoya..." she woke up startled. "Hey... Sorry", he said. She looked around with confusion, she released a long breath once she realized she was in her house. Just then, she noticed Aditya was on his one knee near the couch.

At first she thought she was dreaming but when Aditya waved his hand in front of her face, she realized she was not dreaming, actually Aditya was there. She looked at him mystified, "Hey... are you fine? You look worn out. What happened, Zoya?" he asked still in same position. She moved her hair behind her left ear.

"I was not feeling well and I don't know when I slept here", she said gesturing to the couch. Aditya moved closer to her and sit next to her on the couch. "What happened to you? When I came in and saw you, I couldn't even recognize you?" he asked holding on to her hand. "Nothing Aditya, I'm just feeling tired and stressed, that's all", she said removing her hand from his to adjust her hair.

"I don't think so, come on, and let us go to the doctor", he said and stood up. "I'm fine Aditya; I don't want to go to doctor. I just need some rest, I'll be alright", she stood up and moved towards her room.

He stopped her from going to her room by holding her hand and pulled her closer. She resisted but finally gave in. "We're going to the doctor that's it. If you don't come then I'll pick you up and go. Your wish", he said.

Zoya knows she can't resist to him. If she didn't go with him, definitely he will pick her up and go to the doctor. "Wait here, I'll be right back in a minute", she said and went to the bathroom to get refreshed.

In the bathroom, she couldn't believe the same person who said "I love you" to someone before is now behaving differently with her. Is he really the same person? Or does he care for her just as a friend? Or is she dreaming about Aditya like this?

She splashed cold water in her face. She couldn't feel her face. "I think, he care for me a lot but as a good friend. I was wrong to think that he too feel the same way like me", she said to her reflection.

It pricked her heart badly but she put her smile on her face and wiped her face with towel. She got back to living room; Aditya came out from Kitchen with two mugs of Coffee and gave one to her. She smelled it and drank it while he took his mug and had a sip.

After finishing up with their coffee silently, they headed out to go to the doctor. He took her by her arm to the car after locking the door.

***

"Doctor said you should take complete rest as you're too weak. You take a week holiday and take complete rest", Aditya said while on their way back.