Chapter 17: The Dinner Date

Zoya hurried to Aditya's cabin with Vijay Industries audit report file, half running and half walking. She knocked on the door and open it a little to ask, "May I come in?" She entered when she heard "Come in". Aditya was busy in his laptop typing something; she reached his desk in a couple of strides and "Ahem..." He looked at her without stop typing in his laptop and back to the screen. Zoya shocked to see that Aditya was ignoring her. She gave him an angry glare and sighed.

Then she kept the report file in his desk and said, "Vijay Industries audit report file, I have marked the audit points that needs your attention". While she turned to leave, "Did you come here to give this report file to me? Or is there something else you need to speak with me?" Aditya asked her. She turned to see him, now he is sitting in his signature posture and looking at her. His stare did something to her and she stammered, "Yes... I... I just... came here... to give... the... the audit... report... file...file". Aditya calmly said, "Okay".

She looked at him for some time to get any response from him but he just stared at her without blinking. Then, she felt awkward and turned to leave. Aditya stood up and block her way in couple of strides. Zoya didn't expect him to be standing before her, bumped into him and he held her from falling to the ground. They shared a moment of eye-lock.

Zoya tried to say something but she was unable to find words to form a sentence. They both shared the eye-lock for some time, Aditya's extension rang. Zoya jumped in shock which break their trance. Aditya signalled Zoya to wait for a minute with his fingers and answered the phone. After listening to the other end, he said, "I'm in important meeting now, I'll call you in a while" and place the receiver in the cradle.

Aditya turned to Zoya and asked, "Okay. So, tell me, what do you want to talk to me?" he sat on the desk right next to Zoya. His right knee touched her hand. "Nothing, I don't have anything to talk about," she paused. "Yea... nothing", she said and tried to move away from him. "Oh... nothing... fine then... you may take your leave" he said behind her with a smile.

She almost touches the door to open but returned, "No... Actually I want to ask you something Aditya", she said in harsh tone. Aditya looked down at his feet and smirked as if he knows she'll come back, he didn't move from there. Zoya stood in front of him and he raised his eyebrow in question. "How could you do this, Aditya? What Prem sir will think about me? And why you did like this?" She pampered him with questions. Aditya held her both arms and said, "Calm down, take deep breaths and then tell me".

Zoya closed her eyes and took deep breaths. Aditya admired her reactions till she opens her eyes. She looked into Aditya's eyes and she felt relaxed. Slowly, she put her hands on his shoulders. They looked at each other. Aditya's mobile rang when he lean closer to her. Just then, Aditya realised and moved away from her and declined the call. She was still in trance state.

"Zoya..." Aditya called her. She came back to her senses. "Huh..." she reacted half-minded. Again Aditya called her "Zoya". She turned towards him. "You were saying something", Aditya asked her.

"Ahem..." Zoya forgot what she wanted to talk with him. "Zoya, just relax and sit down. Take your time. Then tell me what do you want to talk about with me?" He handed over the glass of water. She took it and drank water from it. She placed the glass on the desk and sat in the chair opposite to him.

"Aditya... You took over those clients from Prem sir, just because of me", she asked him. Aditya, who was leaning on the desk, moved a few paces and held the handle of her chair to face Zoya eye to eye, while Zoya looked at him. "What do you think, Zoya? Did I take over those clients from Prem sir for you?" He asked. Zoya nodded and said, "Yes, day before yesterday night you asked me to report back to you but I told you that I can't leave Prem sir till I complete these audit reports".