Chpt. 9: Together

A/N: So I guess I lied last time when I said I would be back on schedule. But guys, writing is hard. Well, eh. Writing something that is actually good and right now for me is hard.

Comment on anything for any reason, good, bad, random!

~Pip Pip Da Doodly Doo~

/:{/<>\}:\

Daric's POV

I don't know what to feel. There are too many thoughts and emotions flowing through me. My body buzzes until I just... I just feel numb. I shut down.

But I can't shut down. I can't afford any more time. I already wasted time being dumb and blind when Jo "rejected" me. I need figure shit out. And I need to do it before I fuck everything up for good.

I need to think. Deep breath. Okay she wants to know why I messed around with so many girls. I just... The thing is I don't really know why. I mean, I sorta do, but not. Yeah, I'm confusing myself, too.

Okay, basics. What do I know?

First things first, I really like Jo. There is no question about it. I want to make her happy. I want to wipe her tears when she cries. I want to be someone she can confide in and count on.

What else do I know?

I don't want to be with anyone else. I am disgusted by the thought of another girl touching me in a non-platonic way. I used to be kind of numb to them, but now I am definitely not.

Why?

Why is that?

I let girls come up to me a kiss me whenever because it was numb to them? Or, no. They numbed me. I... I needed to distraction. I needed the pain to go away for a second. At least in the beginning. After that, well I guess it just became a part of my life.

But there is more. I know there is, but I just don't know what. It's still hidden behind a curtain with no hint as to what it may be.

A sudden drop of water in my cheek wakes me from my thought. I go to wipe it away.

What? Am I crying? I think to myself.

Another plops onto my nose, and I look up. It's starting to rain. I hear squeals behind me followed by giggles. I turn to see that girl... Sara and her friends pulling out umbrellas. One of the girls points at me, and the group giggles. Two of the others push Sara in my direction. She giggles and practically skips over to me.

What's with all the giggling? Maximilian basically whines. Did they sneak some booze into the diner or something?

I almost smirk at my wolf's comment, but it can't quite slip past my other swarming feelings.

I sigh as the rain begins to pick up. Then, suddenly it stops.

"Hey Daric," Sara's Pixy Stix voice comes from beside me.

Okay, I know you emotions are out of whack right now, but what does that even mean? Maximilian rolls his eyes.

I'm not twelve, so Pixy Stix are just too freakin' sweet. They almost make me sick. Duh.

You're maturity astounds me sometimes.

"Hi," I keep my greeting short and indifferent.

"Where's your date?" The last words sounds like venom on her tongue. "Did she she leave you?" Sara rounds her brown eyes and drags her fingers slowly up my arm. She seems to be trying to look like a puppy that just got kicked. Or maybe, I'm the puppy? And she is looking at me?