C H A P T E R | F I V E

Willow sits in her living room with Shelby sitting across from her. She gave herself the night to think about and absorb what Flynn had told her the night before. Now, she can get what she really needs: advice from a close friend. She retells the tale to Shelby. She tells her why Flynn said he wanted to stop seeing her, and what happened after.

"What do I do Shelby?" Willow all but cries out.

"Is there a problem with the obvious?" Shelby asks her close friend.

"Which is..."

"You go after him. I mean, you know he stays at the Pack House." Shelby shrugs. "Go to him and declare your love!" She begins to delve into the over dramatics in the end.

"I can't do that! He literally ran away from me after he told me. Who's to say he won't do it again!" Willow throws her hands in the air.

"If he does again, just don't freeze this time and chase after him." Shelby shrugs like they are simply talking about a math quiz.

"Well, he doesn't want to see me. How can I go as far as to make him talk to me if he does even want to see me?"

"You know what I'm hearing now?" Shelby asks raising a dark, perfectly sculpted eyebrow. "I'm hearing excuses!" She sings the last word to her friend as she glares back.

Willow stares at her friend for a minute contemplating. Should she talk to him or not? Is she just coming up with excuses, or is she making a real argument?

What's wrong with at least trying to talk with him? Zena asks. Ever since Flynn left yesterday, she has been talking more. Not as much, and she is still soft spoken and quiet, but definitely more. What's the worst that could happen? He runs again, and we still don't talk?

You make a point, although that still doesn't seem so great. Willow replies.

It's basically how it is now.

With a sigh, Willow drags herself out of her thoughts and back to the present. Shelby is waiting patiently in front of her ready for her reply. "Okay, how do I do this?"

💓 💔 💓 💔 💓

In the afternoon, Willow works up enough courage and thinks about what she is going to say enough to talk to Flynn. When she gets to the Pack House she feels the need to knock.

Why knock? Who knocks? It's the Pack House. Everyone just walks in. Zena can't help but argue with her logic.

Exactly twenty-three seconds later, a boy a little old than her answers the door.

"Um... Hey?" The boy's dark, bushy eyebrows drop, and his sea foam eyes hold confusion and curiosity. "Do you need something? You know you don't have to knock."

Willow resembles a bobble head for a few seconds as she finds her voice -- she seems to always lose it when Flynn is involved now-a-days. "Um, yeah, I know. I just..." Willow sighs as she trails off. She can feel herself wanting to start to ramble. "Is Flynn around?"

"Wow, someone is actually asking for him. I guess there is a first for everything."

Willow tries her best not to huff aloud. Her announce has sprouted because of this boy. Can't he just answer her question without getting into things?

However much she tries to hide her announce, the boy still notices it. He clears his throat and answers her question. "No, he's not here?"