Chapter Six: Running with the Wolves

A/N: Comment on anything for any reason, good, bad, random!

~Pip Pip Da Doodly Doo~

.<=:/{o0O0o}\:=>.  

At 1:45 I make my way to the training ground behind the pack house at the tree line. I haven't been to a group training since middle school. All they were concerned about was how they look. You wouldn't expect to have such a large group of dandies, but there they are, already doing push-ups shirtless in front of a group of she-wolves. They stop to line up. Before they do, they pour water from their bottles into their mouths. Well, they try to, but it ends up splattering all over their faces in an ebullient way bedashing any idea I had of them being slightly mature. I step in front of them as I see them stand alongside their friends.

"What are you doing here?" Shawn, one of Daric's football friends, asks.

"I will be heading the training today." I state calmly.

"Why you?" He retorts.

"You know, you are a brave soul to be disrespecting your future Alpha like are." I see him swallow. "But, to answer your question, Kevin had to abdicate his job as trainer for today on orders from Alpha Max."

"So he had you train?" Daric scuffs. "I think it is well known that I am stronger than you."

That statement isn't actually true. I have beaten him multiple times while sparring. "Now, can we be iconoclasts and see that I am a good leader?"

"What?" My brother looks at me bewildered.

"Okay, layman strategy. Let's talk about the fight." I fold my hands behind be back. "Can someone tell me what type of attack it was?"

Everyone remains quiet. Out of ignorance or just not answer, I don't know.

"Now don't everyone yell out at once." I roll my eyes. "If you were thinking a raid, you would have been right. It was a tactic intended to scare us or slightly weaken. They aren't ready for a full on attack. Why they only attack us, now that, I don't know. I have talked to the Red Star future Beta and Alpha, but that didn't end up being fruitful. But they are Daric-s."

"Hey!" I hear my brother yell. "What is that supposed to mean‽"

"Let me ask you this, what happens when a wolf murders?" I walk to stand in front of him.

"Murder of a human, wolf, or halfie?" He asks smugly.

"Pick." I shrug.

"Well, if it was a human or a halfie, they'd get a slap on the foot." He laughs. I have to hold myself back from cachinnating at my brothers fatuous answer and attempt at an idiom. All the same, I feel my anger spike at this. He's disrespecting halfies! Amanda, my mate, is a halfie.

Oh, so we are admitting it now? Willy asks.

"Now, if a wolf was killed-"

"It's all the same." I cut Daric off. "It makes no difference if it was a human, wolf, or halfie killed. If they kill one or if it was their first kill, they are thrown into the silver mine for 10 year. Second time or more than one, they are killed. Now, the silver mine won't lead to any effects in short term because there isn't enough silver in the air, but if you were to be there for ten years, it will cause some damage. A wolf can develop asthma like symptoms, eye sight worsens, and the sense of smell is dampened. Hearing isn't really affected though." I am about to turn away and start the training when I remember on last thing. "Oh, and it's 'a slap on the wrist' not 'foot'. Anyone with even the smallest of a brain knows that." I hear him growl as I walk way.