Nineteen

Sam will be getting a point of view next chapter !

Toni Sanchez

"So Toni you're X-ray came back fine," I looked up at the doctor. "Keep taking your prenatal vitamins and keep drinking your milk."

"Doctor is there anything she can't do?" I snapped my neck towards Sam who sat next to me holding my hand.

He had been getting on my nerves ever since we arrived at the hospital. Asking unnecessary questions and what not.

"What?" He asked looking at me as I gave him the evil eye.

I rolled my eyes.

"Well, I want to keep a good eye on her because she just got into an accident," He said. "But it's still the same as any other pregnancy she's had. Careful."

"Toni." My mom scolded me.

I looked at her and then looked away towards the doctor.

"What about driving?" I asked.

"Well, let's consider getting you a driver or something." He said. "We don't need nothing else happening to you."

I nodded.

"Doc, everything looked okay with the babies?" My dad asked just making sure like he always did.

"Yes sir," he nodded. "They look fine. If you're experiencing any type of cramping, spotting, or contractions-"

"Come back to the hospital." I said finishing his sentence making him smile.

"You have a nice night okay? Your discharge papers are ready so before you leave don't forget to sign them."

I nodded and he waved at everybody before he backed away towards the door and left out of it.

"You're so blessed." My mom said coming over to me and grabbing my hand.

"I know," I said looking over at the kids who were sleep on the chairs in the room.

"And I don't think I got the pleasure to meet you," She said looking at Sam. "I'm Rosie, Toni's mother."

"I'm Samuel." He said shaking her hand. "It's nice to meet you."

"And I'm Marcus," my dad said coming over to the bed too. "Her father."

"Nice to meet you sir." He said shaking his hand. 

"And you're what to her?" My dad asked.

I face palmed myself because I hadn't even told them that I was dating someone.

"I-" I quickly cut him off.

"He's my friend."

He snapped his head towards me and furrowed his eyebrows.

"Oh, it's always nice to meet Toni's friends." My mom said.

I sighed and put my head down.

"Yea, it's nice to finally meet her parents." He said standing up. "If you'll excuse me."

He pushed the chair back and stepped away from the bed and walked towards the door.

"Sam!" I called out.

He ignored me and walked out of the door.

"He's handsome Toni." My mom said nudging me.

I smiled and shook my head and sat up and scooted towards the edge of the bed.

"Do you guys think you could take them tonight?"

They nodded and I smiled and reached for my phone on the stand next to me.