Thirty Seven Bonus

Toni Sanchez-Brash

Sixteen years later ...

"Mom!"

I clenched my forehead and looked away before they came running downstairs.

"Y'all stop fuckin' runnin' in my damn house!" Sam shouted from the kitchen.

"Daddy- She-"

Elle and Samari

Elle and Samari

Samari pushed her to make her shut up. But Elle pushed her back.

"Daddy, Samari took my shoes and threw them out the window." Elle snitched.

"Elle, what I tell you bout' snitchin'? Stop." Sam looked at her.

I laughed and stuffed my nose back in my book.

"Samari, why you throwin' her shit out the window? Did you buy it?" He asked her.

She looked down at her shoes.

"I don't hear you Isabella, speak up." He said.

"No, I didn't buy them." She moused. "But Daddy, she poured bleach on my backpack!" She shouted pointing at Elle.

"That brand new backpack that I just fucking bought?" I spun around looking at them.

"Oop, y'all don' did it now." Sam said spinning back into the kitchen.

I got off the couch and walked over to both of them. They tried to run but I grabbed both of them by their hoodies and pulled them back.

"Mom-" Samari tried to speak.

"Shut up Samari!" I shouted.

She closed her mouth and put her hands behind her back.

"I don't know what the hell is up with you two, but you better knock the bullshit off. Today!" I said.

Elle twisted her lips and looked away. I looked at Samari and she looked down at the floor.

"Oh? You're quiet now." I looked them up and down.

They opened their mouths but I held my hand up.

"Elle, I paid eighty three dollars for the fucking backpack, you're buying her a new one."

Her jaw dropped. "Mom!"

"Tai! I don't care!" I said calling her by her middle name.

She huffed and folded her arms.

"And you," I pointed at Samari. "You're buying her a new pair of those fucking shoes if they went in the pool or your dad is going to tear your ass up."

Sam paid hella money for those fucking Balenciaga booties and if they got ruined, he was going to tear her ass up.

Her jaw dropped too. "Those shoes cost more than the backpack!"