Chapter 14

Chaeyoung's POV

"Alright, so it's you four?" The worker in front of the haunted house asked.

We all nodded. "Alright, there's someone else already in right now, but he's probably almost done since it's been ten minutes already...." the worker trailed off, looking in the haunted house, "Okay, you guys can go in now."

We all reluctantly entered the haunted house, with Jisoo in the front who was animatedly talking about the possible horrors within the house.

"Ahh! I'm so excited! I wonder how realistic this is going to be! Will the blood look real?" She exclaimed, looking back at us. Once she saw all three of our gloomy expressions, she stopped talking.

"Unnie is going to be here, alright? I'll kick any of the monsters in here!" Jisoo told us reassuringly, punching the air.

We all sweat dropped, "I think we'll manage Jisoo." I replied sheepishly. I was starting to worry for the poor workers in the house that could potentially be hurt by either Jisoo or me.

I've learned over the past few months that Jisoo was very protective of all of us, and would probably do anything for us if given the choice. I, on the other hand, had trained in martial arts for a good five years, and I had also punched a hole through a wall (although I shouldn't be too proud of that).

I glanced at Jennie and Lisa, and saw that Jennie was helplessly clutching onto Lisa's arm for dear life. "Jennie? Are you okay?" I asked, seeing Lisa's arms begin to turn white from Jennie's grip.

Jennie realized what she was doing and let go of Lisa's arm, "Sorry Lisa! I just tend to do that when I'm really scared..." Jennie admitted, her face pale.

"It's okay! You can hold on to me if you want." Lisa said, although she wasn't in the best state either. I glanced back at Jisoo who was looking worriedly at the pair.

"I know I was the one that suggested this, but if you two really can't handle it, then it's okay for you to go back. I don't want to have to put you through this." Jisoo said, approaching the pair.

Jennie shook her head, "I think I'll manage... I just need something to hold on to." Jennie said.

"Lisa?" Jisoo asked, turning towards Lisa's direction.

Lisa nodded, "Let's get this over with."

Jisoo nodded, "Okay, BLACKPINK onward!"

Jennie laughed, "BLACKPINK? What the heck is that unnie?"

Jisoo smiled, "Oh, it's just something random that I came up with."

-

"Uh guys, where's Jennie?" Lisa asked as we continued on through the darkness of the haunted house.  We were almost to the exit.

"What do you mean?  Isn't she holding onto you?"  I said, stopping in my tracks.  Jisoo had also stopped to look back at Lisa and me.

"She was, but now I don't feel her anymore..." Lisa admitted.

We couldn't see each other in the darkness, so we all had to huddle in a circle in order to grasp each other.

"Oh no, this is bad..." Jisoo muttered, "And she was the most reluctant out of all of us too...."

"But why would she just let go of Lisa?" I asked.  It was really weird.  Jennie would have screamed if she was scared.  So wouldn't that mean that she willingly let go of Lisa's arm?

"She probably let go of me willingly, but why?" Lisa voiced my thoughts.

Jisoo sighed, "She probably put up a tough persona and let go of your arm." She said, "Aish, that Jennie...."

"So she separated from us and she didn't realize?"  I asked.

"Yup." Jisoo answered.

"Well this is a problem." Lisa added.

"What should we do?" I asked, "It's not like we can leave her here."

"I hate to say this, but I think it's best if we went ahead." Jisoo said, "This haunted house is a maze, so if we went back, we'd get lost ourselves."

"Is there really no other option? Jennie's probably really scared now..." I replied worriedly.

"Don't worry, Jennie can be as tough as a stone sometimes." Lisa reassured me, "Although it counters what you saw earlier, but believe me, that girl can put on a mask."

"Indeed she can..." Jisoo added mysteriously.

"Huh?" Lisa and I simultaneously asked.

"She'll tell you two when the tine's right," Jisoo said, "but for now, let's trust in her and continue on."

I looked behind us worriedly, "Alright."