Chapter 22

Chaeyoung's POV

"I thought you said you were decent!" I yelped as I almost fell down.

"I am!  Just as long as you hold on to me so you won't fall." Jungkook replied as he caught my arm. "But I promise I won't let you go. Unless I fall first, and then we're screwed."

"Well that's very reassuring." I replied sarcastically as I continued to hold on to Jungkook's arm for dear life.

"What can I say, it's one of my charms." Jungkook teased. "And you just need to place your feet in this position." He continued, pointing at his feet that were placed together in a 'V' shape. "Then take steps forward like this."

"Ahh! Don't move so fast!" I shrieked, feeling myself slip.

"I told you, I won't let you go!  Just hold on." Jungkook said as we continued to slowly skate forward.

"Oooo, what do we have here?" A feminine voice sang from behind.

Jungkook slowed us down to a stop, and we both turned around to both Taehyung and Lisa.

Lisa gasped. "Chaeyoung, my child, you have grown up!  It was only a few minutes ago when you were so nervous around Jungkook." She placed a hand on her chest. "They grow up so fast."

I rolled my eyes before glancing over at Jungkook.  "Err, well... It's kinda hard to explain right now."

Jungkook returned my glance.  "Yeah..." He drawled, agreeing.

Lisa and Taehyung gazed at each other knowingly.  "Well we wouldn't want to get in your way, so we shall leave." Lisa remarked, grabbing a hold of Taehyung's hand.

"Good luck Jungkook!" Taehyung said as he bidded us goodbye.

Jungkook and I stood in silence for a few seconds.

"Soo.... They make quite a pair, huh?" I announced, breaking the silence.

"Yup.  It doesn't make me regret whiting out that love letter Taehyung sent to Lisa."

"Wait, so you really did that?" I questioned, looking up at him.

Jungkook nodded.  "I guess it spread around from those two girls that saw me do that..." He trailed off before groaning.  "So the girls that saw me were Jisoo and Jennie?"

"Indeed." I confirmed. "But why'd you do that in the first place?  It is kind of a jerk move."

Jungkook shrugged.  "Actually, the person that asked me to do that was Taehyung himself.  He chickened out the last minute, so I had to go and do that for him."

"He knew Lisa's locker number?" I asked, shocked.

"Nope, Taehyung says she does that thing with her combo where she puts in the first two numbers, and just before the lock reaches the third number, she stops it there." Jungkook explained.

"Sounds just like her..." I muttered.  "I guess it didn't really matter after that?"

"I mean, Lisa was the one who ended up confessing first so... But yeah, it's good that it worked out in the end." Jungkook smiled.

"So, what do you say about teaching me how to ice skate?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Haven't I been teaching you?" Jungkook raised an eyebrow.  "Well,  more like tried.  You've only been holding onto my arm the last few minutes." He remarked. 

"Well, excuse me." I pouted.

"How cute." He said, chuckling.

"Man have you grown bold these last few days.  Where did that shy Jungkook go?" I mumbled, as I tried to face away from him in embarrassment.  However, I only ended up slipping, which caused me to fall in his arms.  Great.  Just what I wanted. 

"Careful..." He muttered, bringing me up.  "And I don't know where that Jungkook went.  I guess I've just grown comfortable with you." He said cheekily.

Because I didn't want to slip again, I instead looked down at my feet to hide my reddening face.

"Well I can see that..." I murmured shyly. "It's a bit too much for my heart, though..." I added very quietly under my breathe. Too quiet for him to hear.

"Alright, Mr. Jeon here will teach you how to skate." Jungkook said, grabbing both of my hands. "Come on Ms. Park, you want an A+ in my class, right?" He teased.

I met his gaze. "Okay, but just don't let go of me until I get the hang of it."

"I won't ever let go.  I promise." He smiled. "Now come on!"