Chapter 4 I'm Ashton Fletcher Irwin And Proud Of It

Ashton

I was glad it was a Saturday. No School.

Me and Ellie trolled around the mall buying some new clothes, I don't know what it was about Greendale but it was growing on me after just a week. So were Ellie and James as well. Ellie was more like my best friend than my adoptive mother.

"You should totally buy this Green Day tee. You look bangers in it" Ellie commented, holding a black tour tee up to my frame. I laughed but put the tee back before anyone heard and saw what she was saying.

"The last thing that I need is to draw more attention to myself at school" I pointed out to her.

After my little incident in Sociology most of the school were talking about me, God help me when they find out I have to dance with Luke at the showcase.

"So you basically called some girl a whore, who hasn't. You know your dad used to have a girlfriend who wore this mini-skirt to school with nothing underneath. So one day I just decided to come up behind her and yank it down" Ellie laughed, I decided to sidestep the fact that she called James my dad and just laugh at her story.

She was eyeing me weirdly when I went quiet, I wasn't exactly gonna tell her that I had to dance with Luke at the showcase. Let alone that I would probably have to repeat a grade because of his lack of grace.

"Or is this about the boy you talked about for three hours last night?" Ellie enquired with a smirk on her face.

"I-I-I. I did not talk about Luke for three hours" I exclaimed. I didn't. End of story. I went home, did my homework, had dinner, talked about Luke until...okay so maybe I did? I pretty much insulted him the whole time.

"Oh my God I always wanted a gay son that I could dress up and bitch about my friends to" she shrieked with happiness before embracing me in a hug.

Whoa whoa whoa. I did not say that I was gay. I didn't say that I wasn't either. For the moment I just decided to focus on the current problems in my life, like my life.

"I didn't say I was gay" I laughed. She pulled back giving me a knowing look.

"You called a girl a whore and talked all night about a boy" she stated with a raised eye brow and a cocky smirk that reminded me of Luke a little.

Dammit.

"Even if I was I would not date Luke Hemmings. For one 'the whore' is his girlfriend so he probably has an STD. Two, he is the most single minded arrogant asshole I had ever met. And finally, we have absolutely nothing in common" I rambled on. I furiously looked through the racks of clothing, I guess I was kind of looking for a way out of this conversation with these clothing.

"I'm definitely packing you more condoms for lunch. That sounded way more sexual than I intended it to. Just remember 'Don't get funky unless you wrap your monkey'" Ellie sang joyfully.

"Dude we're in public" I exclaimed, luckily no one was even close to us, dialling down the embarrassment a little.

We quickly paid for all of the stuff that we had picked out. I got some more skinny jeans, a fedora hat and some more band tees to wear. We went and got some ice cream from further down the mall.

"Hi I'll have cookie dough and Ash'll have whichever taste the most like his man crush" Ellie explained to the ice cream man. My face flushed red as the guy gave me a weird look. I can't believe she actually just said that.

I do not have a man crush on Luke Hemmings.

"Hey Ash" a chilling voice said from behind me. I could already feel the smirk on his face without even looking.