Chapter 16 Awake

Ashton

I opened my eyes slowly, the intensity from the bright lights burned me. And my throat was aching.

It smelled like antibiotics in here, was I in a hospital? It looked like a hospital. There were people passing outside my room in hospital uniforms. There was that annoying beeping noise from hospital heart machines. There was also something warm pressed against my body, it had its arm around me. I opened my eyes up wide enough to see Luke, in the same clothes he was wearing at the party.

And fucking hell he was snoring loudly. He had purple rings around his eyes, the type you got when you didn't sleep for ages. He was all puffy like he had been crying.

I slowly and painfully slid down so my face was right inline with his. Tracing the form of his face with my finger. I know what you might think...he kissed a garbage bag called Savannah but I've learned that perception of those events could be deceiving. I leant forward and pressed a quick kiss to his lips.

I missed the taste of his lips. His breathe was minty and his lips tasted like candy. The addictive kind. Oh well I'll just get addicted to his lips then.

His eyes opened and widened when he saw me. "Hola" I laughed. He took no time before smashing his lips to mine. His hand came up to my face and another to prop himself up. My face kind of hurt from the pressure. He pulled back and smiled goofily at me.

"How do you feel?" he asked. His expression changed from bliss to worry. Now that he mentioned it my arm recked. And my abdomen felt numb and all weird. But my arm fucking wrecks. "My arm kills...why am I in the hospital?" I croaked out, my mouth did hurt as well. Like it was really really dry and scratchy.

He looked at me weirdly but smiled innocently. Pressing a chaste kiss to my lips. "You got hit by a car. You broke your arm. Broke a rib which tore through your stomach. Ash you died" Luke explained slowly. He was turning white as a sheet while telling me.

I died.

"You were dead for like twenty seconds. You flat line because your heart stopped. Everyone freaked. Calum and Michael are at school. Ellie and James are both at work. And Savannah is well...she now knows how fast I can turn everyone at school against her. Ash. I'm sorry, Calum told me you saw and I didn't kiss her, she kissed me and I pushed her away straight away. I don't want to kiss anyone but you ever again. Please tell me you forgive me because I couldn't live with myself if..." he started rambling. I cut him off by pressing my lips to his. He smiled against my lips and I pulled away.

"You have to stop moving like that or you'll tear you stitches. In future just tell me and I'll kiss you anytime" he smiled. Ouch stitches that sounded painful. Not that hearing my stomach was torn through by my rib cage.

"I'm gonna go and get a doctor" Luke smiled at me. He slipped off the bed and I missed his warmth, I would feel better if a doctor knew I was awake.

He stopped in the doorway and turned to me, "Oh and Ash? Do you want to be my boyfriend?" he asked smugly. Like he needed me to answer that.

"It would be my pleasure" I smiled back.